The BlueGreen House and Studio were voted 1 of Australia's 100 GREAT HOLIDAY HOMES by Australian Traveller.
The two bedroom, two bathroom holiday house resides on five blissful acres, with alpacas, wild ducks and horses roaming the landscaped gardens.
Through the huge entrance doors, the first glimpse of the pool, tiled a dark sapphire and heated for those cool winter days.... and beyond, the verdant gardens and thatched gazebo poised over the lake.
On the ground floor, the stainless-steel kitchen extends to an outside barbeque, then open-plans to the dining area and soaring ceiling of the living room. Sandstone surrounds the fireplace and the entire wall bi-folds open to invite in the balmy air and light of the sub-tropics.
The second bedroom has a three metre long double-bed with the same length overhead bunk, perfect for pyjama parties! Sleeps two adults – or four children. In the bathroom is a huge handmade bath, twin vanities, one exactly the right height for the little person who usually has to use a stepladder to brush their teeth, and a satin-jet shower.
Upstairs is the romantic main bedroom with its pitched ceiling exposing bare trusses; a king four-poster bed hand crafted out of recycled timber, and a terrazzo spa-bath with glass and marble tiles. In the bathroom the glass vanity holds twin African bowls, and the bi-fold doors open up to a sandstone courtyard with an outdoor rain shower. Sleeps two adults.
The BlueGreen House is a self contained private house situated next to the studio with its own access, entrance and parking. The pool belongs to the house and is for the EXCLUSIVE use of BlueGreen House guests.
- Self-contained House (4 adults or 2 adults/2-4 children)
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom
- Linen Supplied
- Spa Bath (Upstairs)
- Outdoor Shower
- Bath Towels Supplied
- iPod Classic (with around 7000 songs) and Bose Dock
- Free WiFi
- Pay Television
- DVD player
- Open Fireplace
- Cooking Facilities
- High chair (on request)
- Heated Swimming Pool (private and exclusive use by house guests)
- Garden boardwalk
- Gazebo over lake
- Ironing Facilities
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Pets (on prior arrangement)
- Wheelchair Access
BlueGreen is a discreetly nestled in the hills behind Byron Bay just 12 mins from Byron, 5 mins to Bangalow and 5 mins to the closest beach (Broken Head) It is also easily accessible from Ballina/Byron airport (15 mins) and Coolangatta airport on the Gold Coast (45 mins)
It’s a place to bask in the simple pleasures of life: waking up to birdsong and a gentle mist drifting off the lake; brewing coffee that was grown and roasted next door; foraging the farmers’ markets and local ‘honesty stalls’ for just-picked organic foods...
Or out and about:
- two minutes away is the quaint village of Newrybar, with its award winning Harvest Café and a treasure trove of antiques;
- five minutes down the road is the charming historical village of Bangalow with gourmet restaurants and chic shops;
- fifteen scenic minutes to Byron’s bustling bohemia and beautiful beaches.
- Fifteen minutes to scuba diving, surfing or sea kayaking
- Twenty minutes to skydiving, gliding or hot air ballooning
- Forty minutes to Minyon Falls and Forty-five to Mt Warning National Park