Indulge in this easy living spacious holiday house, set back and up from the waters edge, offering privacy and great views across the river.
Enjoy the added bonus of the boatshed, right on the waters edge, relaxing on the north facing deck or inside on the day bed of this original boatshed..... watch the boats cruise along Milsons Passage, hang a line into the water, or simply fall asleep with your favourite book
The main house deck spans the entire width of THE LOFT, and is a must as a dining location during your stay. Curl up in the afternoon sun on the sun lounge or hammock. Inside curl up on the sofa next to the slow combustion wood fire. A screen w DVD player [ no TV ] , is located in the lounge. The well appointed kitchen is part of the open plan living/dining space. A gas barbeque is located on the deck overlooking the Hawkesbury River.
The spacious master bedroom, with king bed, airconditioning and direct access to bathroom, also opens on to the main deck, with river views to the north east.
There is a Second queen bed with separate access in the lower level wing. This is a great space with lounge area, dining nook and river views. There is also a bathroom on this level . Even if you are just 2 guests, this is the ideal spot to relax on those balmy summer days. Bifold doors on both sides of this space allow for wonderful breezes to drift through.
One of the ultimate spaces to enjoy at THE LOFT is the boat shed at the waters edge, fitted out with sun lounge, day bed & dining table. . From here it is just a few steps to a private jetty & pontoon, perfect for berthing your own boat or a hire boat....a tidal sandy beach is perfect for launching the single seater kayak...........so come & enjoy this delightful river holiday house
WHAT TO DO
• simply relax, fish, read
• take a walk into Muogamarra nature reserve just behind THE LOFT.
• take a boat trip to lunch ...see below
• book a self drive hire boat, no license required ( they are easy to handle & do travel very slowly ) & explore the nearby river beaches, Bar Island , Pumpkin Creek & Spencer.
WHAT IS THERE
• Master bedroom w king Bed with river views, air conditioning and direct entrance to bathroom
• Separate entrance to lower wing w queen bed, river views, lounge space & second bathroom
• Mezzanine Loft - 2 Single beds & ceiling fans
• all beds have duvets w cotton covers, pillows & mattress protectors
• Pantry items :- ground coffee & tea, sugar , coffee plunger , sea salt & pepper grinder; olive oil & balsamic vinegar
• fully equipped kitchen w all cookware, crockery, cutlery, glad wrap, foil, paper towel, serviettes etc
• outdoor gas BBQ
• DVD player , screen; DVD Library
• iron & hair dryer
• fishing rods
• private jetty with pontoon
• private boatshed
• single seater kayak, w/ life jacket & paddle
WHAT TO BRING
• favourite CDs & DVDs, reading material
• hooks, bait, sinkers for fishing
• toiletries, personal belongings
• personal repellant , sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
• kayaking footwear, swimming costume & beach towel ( swimming on high tide only )
• sheets & towels [ unless other arrangements have been made ]
• food & beverage , there are no shops
RESTAURANTS & CAFES
WITH HIRE BOAT or OWN BOAT
Peats Bite weekends only, advance bookings essential, 02 9985 9040 - closed July/Aug. A great place for a long relaxed lunch, in one of the most beautiful & unique locations on the river. $135.00pp ( licensed ) You will need to advance book in your boat transfers with the restaurant at the time of booking your table. You can also travel there by hireboat or own boat
Spencer Village Store & Cafe serving legendary breakfasts, brunch & light lunch. Truly the 'Hub of the Universe'. Also supplying a good range of meat, some vegetables & just about everything else you may need. Licensed Bottle Shop as well. Kitchen closes around 2.30pm Phone 4377 1123. About 10 km upriver by boat.
WITH OWN BOAT 50 HP PLUS :-
Cottage Point is perfect when staying mid week, book on 9456 1008. A stunning setting & excellent á la carte menu, Travel by own boat is fine, but too far by hire boat
Berowra Waters Inn 9456 1027
Degustation Luncheon Menu Fri - Sun
Travel Approx. 15 km by Boat . Not suited to travel by self drive runabout. Check with restaurant regarding parking own boat at jetty.
book your boat travel direct operator once booking confirmed
approx. $90.00 each way , advance return travel bookings essential. Parking & pick up at KANGAROO POINT public wharf, Brooklyn. Unrestricted parking on lower road.
WATER TAXI-HIRE BOAT PACKAGE
Book a return taxi transfer & 48 hour hireboat package for $320.00 , inclusive taxi transfers & hire boat with tank of fuel, life jackets, map & basic 'how to drive' instructions. Your boat will be at THE LOFT jetty waiting and you will travel upriver in comfort in the water taxi with your belongings . Additional hire at $50.00 per 24hours. Bookings well in advance essential as only limited number of hire boats available.
Easy to drive tinny, no experience or licence for beginners... about 3 night for price of 2 DEAL
HIRE BOAT SELF DRIVE FROM BROOKLYN
WEEKEND hire $300.00. No experience or boat licence required ;great for exploring & fishing or simply drifting along the river; boats are easy to handle & Brooklyn Central staff give you a thorough briefing; travel from Brooklyn to THE LOFT at Milsons Passage is approx. 20 - 30 mins depending on tide; ASK about 3 night for price of 2 DEAL
HIREBOAT if you have a boat licence
Brooklyn Central has a runabout w a 30hp engine that is for hire
Boab Boat Hire have a fleet of polycraft w 50hp & above that they can deliver to a boat ramp along the river, where you meet & commence your option is more cost effective on a longer stay
OWN TRAILER BOAT
up to 25' suitable. Private pontoon. Launch at Mooney Mooney ramp or at Dolphin Marina, 1 Brooklyn Rd ...A small fee applies. Some guests enjoy the longer & very scenic boat journey from Apple Tree Bay or Akuna Bay in Cowan Creek.
- The Loft is fully self contained & booked exclusively
- Before you arrive, the house is opened, ready for you to simply kick back & relax
- Children by prior arrangement
- Pets well behaved by prior arrangement
- POA dependant on guest numbers, length of stay, time of year