Terms and conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
" Booking" means the period for which you have paid to stay at the property.
"Property" means Sunset- and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
"Management" means the owners and managers of the property.
“Guests” means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
“Visitor” means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 11am on departure date (unless we have agreed to a later check out).
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability
• When you check-out please make sure all doors are locked and all windows closed, please walk around the house to check especially the Laundry door for some reason this is always left unlocked.
• To access the house a key safe is located down the side of the house. On the day of arrival it will be programmed to the last 4 digits of your mobile number.
• A 50% deposit must be received within 1 day after the booking is taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full + bond must be received no later than 7 days prior to your arrival.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $$ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will cancel automatically without notice or liability to you.
• We accept payment by the following methods
Visa, MasterCard, direct deposit into our bank account.
• Cash payments on the day of arrival are not accepted.
• A credit Card surcharge of 1.5% will be levied to cover transaction costs associated with credit card payments.
• Our bank details if not set out above will be advised to you.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately.
• If Cancellation is caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the same period . If a refund is made due to the property being re-let then a $100 cancellation fee will apply and any other out of pocket exp.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A bond payment of (BOND) is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking.
• Bonds will be returned by internet transfer to a SAVINGS or CHQ account (please email us at email@example.com and forward your account details) once our property has been inspected and cleaned and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 14 days of your departure. We allow this amount of time in case of repairs but are not limited to it and repairs could take longer.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. Fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Either Parties or Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc
• Breach of this condition may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments, immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
Disturbance of neighbours (immediate neighbours have office contact details), including excessive noise, is prohibited and will result in termination of rental and loss of bond. Our neighbours are reasonable people who have the right to a peaceful nights sleep at all times. They will call the security company if they are disturbed by nuisance noise or offensive behaviour. If a complaint is registered, our security service will arrive and you will forfeit 50% of your bond. This includes outside noise after 11pm.
If the security company is called out twice you will be directed to vacate the premises immediately and forfeit your entire bond
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and bath mats which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure.
• Guests must provide their own towels.
• Pets are not allowed at the Property unless prior arrangements have been made.
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost ( at Management’s discretion)
• Only the amount of guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund. If you are planning on having visitors to the property no more than 4 is allowed unless prior arrangements have been made with Management.
Visitors are not allowed to stay over night unless approved by Management. Extra charges may apply.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriated council rubbish bins provided, and the crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs ($45 Hr) over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your credit card.
• Please note that should you not wish to clean the BBQ after your stay a $45 fee will be deducted from your security bond.
• All furniture and furnishings must not be moved around the house and be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
• The Property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be left on the kitchen bench.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicated keys will be provided at an additional charge.
• Smoking is not permitted in the property.
• WEDDINGS NEED TO PRE-APPROVED. DO NOT BOOK UNLESS YOU HAVE PERMISSION FOR A WEDDING
• Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
• Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problems or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.