Terms and Conditions – Visitor
Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions that apply between the Property Owner / Manager and you (the Visitor) for the booking of either “Lindfield Villa” property for the purposes of short-term holiday or furnished rental accommodation.
1. Booking and Payment
- The property is let to you for the period stated in your booking confirmation or invoice. Depending on occupancy circumstances, a first right of extension is granted subject to initial availability, after which any exercise of this right will need to be confirmed by further payment within 48 hours of any subsequent notification of another potential booking.
- The Visitor shall not sublet or assign the property or any part of it.
- A Holding Deposit being 50% of the Total Amount plus Linen Supply / Exit Clean Fee, is required to secure a Booking.
- Occupation fees are payable in advance. Failure to make any payment in accordance with agreed schedule may result in cancellation of the booking and will be subject the Refund Policy below.
- The balance of the Occupation Fee is payable 30 days prior to occupancy or if this is less than 30 days, within 7 days of deposit. Generally no Bond is required when all monies due are paid in full and on time.
- For bookings longer than 13 weeks, a Residential Occupation License may apply and your payment schedule may vary.
- All payments must be made to D R Macdonald (D R Macdonald Real Estate Lic Agents).
- Credit cards are accepted and a service fee of 2.2% inc GST (MasterCard, VISA) or 3.3% inc GST (Amex, Diners Club) is applicable, and appears as a separate transaction on your credit card statement.
2. Amendment, Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Any amendment or cancellation of a booking will incur a $100 administration fee.
- Amendment to the dates of stay is considered a cancellation and a new booking will be issued.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date no refund will be available unless the property is re-let under the same terms.
- If a booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, 25% of the Total Amount payable is retained.
3. Number of persons accommodated
- The maximum number of persons that may be accommodated at the property is specified in the booking confirmation / invoice. Excess persons will be required to vacate the property or a pro rata charge may apply if appropriate bedding is available at the property.
4. Arrival & Keys & Lock Outs
- Visitors may collect the keys after 2pm on the Arrival Date from the office of the property manager, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to arrival. Photo ID & credit card details are required when collecting keys. Arrival or Departure outside of the hours 8am to 8pm incurs a fee of $100 inc GST.
- Loss of any key incurs a Fee of $100 inc GST. Any Locksmith or key replacement costs will be passed on to the Visitor.
5. Bond/Security Deposit and Property Damage
- A Bond/Security Deposit of equivalent to 10% of the total amount due or $500 whichever is the greater may be required by the Property Manager prior to or on Arrival. For bookings greater than 8 weeks, an Occupation License may also be required being a prestige property and the amount of Bond if any, may vary.
- The Property Manager has the authority to deduct monies from the Security Deposit or credit card to remedy any damage, excess cleaning, missing items, excess utilities caused by the Visitor, or to invoice the Visitor by email, fax or post for immediate payment.
6. Furniture and effects at the Property
- The Visitor may not remove any of the furniture or effects from the property and will be liable for any furniture or effects damaged or missing from the property. Furniture must be returned to its original position.
- You agree to indemnify D R Macdonald the Property Manager and Property Provider from any claim of loss of personal effects or financial damage direct or indirect whatsoever incurred by the you in booking the property.
- The Property Manager will endeavor to describe the property and its position to the best of their ability and in good faith. No liability or damages will be accepted by Property Managers for mis-description or re-allocation of property.
8. General Conduct
- The Visitor must not smoke within the property. Otherwise a de-odorizing fee will apply.
- The Visitor must leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Visitor must comply with the By-Laws that apply to the property and shall not be guilty of conduct which is a nuisance or annoyance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers (eg. loud music).
- The Visitor must, every time they depart the property, securely lock doors and windows, and switch off lighting, appliances and water to conserve resources and avoid damage.
- The Visitor shall immediately report any repairs required or damage to the property manager.
- Animals are not permitted unless expressly agreed in writing by the Property Manager.
9. Right to inspect the Property and re-enter the Property
- The Property Manager has the right to inspect the property during the booking period subject to reasonable prior notice being given unless the Property Manager has reasonable grounds to believe that the property is being damaged or at risk of if the Visitor breaches any term of this agreement.
- The property must be vacated by the Visitor and keys returned or as advised by the Property Manager before 10:00 am on the Departure Date. Failure to depart will authorise D R Macdonald to levy additional charges for rental and costs incurred.
11. Cancellation by the Property Provider
- In the unlikely instance that a property is withdrawn, the Manager will assist to locate a property of equivalent specifications. However, should the alternative property be unavailable or unsuitable, the Visitor will receive a full refund of the monies received.
12. Right of refusal and application of other Special Conditions
- The Property Manager may refuse at its discretion to accept any Visitor. Furthermore the Property Manager may require that other Special Conditions be agreed to on arrival of the Visitor.
- D R Macdonald will not share your personal information with any third party, unless it is required to complete your booking, provide services to you, or settle your account.
14. General Law
- You acknowledge that the Property Manger carries on business within New South Wales and this Agreement shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia.