Piccolo’s main bed is a double. The bed frame has the original date stamp of when and where is was made. It was manufactured in 1908, on the 29th September, with happens to be Holly’s birthday. It this point we new that we had bought to right house in the blue mountains.
Don’t worry though, we have replaced the mattress! It is a new mattress with a pillow top for extra comfort. You will never be cold, the bed has an electric blanket and down doona’s/duvet’s. Extra 100% wool blankets are in the wardrobe should it be an extremely cold night.
In the heart of the bushland on the north side of the highway in Leura, Piccolo is your small quaint mountain retreat. The house is nearly 100 year old built between 1910 and 1920 and was originally a two room miners cottage. These rooms have kept their charm as they still have the original timber walls, floors and solid wood door. Using the same building methods the cottage has been extend over the years to accommodate modern living and now has 4 rooms and a bathroom.
Piccolo is within walking distance to Leura mall (15 minutes) and just a short drive to all the blue mountains has to offer. Restaurants, national parks with walking trails, Leura golf course, boutique shopping, fine food markets, picturesque gardens and more.
We want your stay at Piccolo in the Blue Mountain to be everything you want it to be plus more. Whether you want to buy some of the amazing local produce to cook in our fully equipment kitchen with farmhouse sink and stainless steel oven or the BBQ on the veranda, watch a movie on the coach in front of the roaring open fire, (fire wood provided) relax and read a book or magazine in the study/dining room or catch some of the local wildlife whilst rocking yourself to sleep on the large veranda in the colourful rocking chairs.
Piccolo is intended for couples however with have provided a double sofa bed, eating and dinning for 4 so you can bring a couple of friends or family. With an enclosed veranda Charlee our mini foxie loves the sights and sounds of the mountains, we are happy for you to bring pets along with you.
We have designed our house with a comfortable and relaxed attitude. We want you to feel that when you step inside Piccolo will become your home away from home too, unwind and enjoy everything it has to offer. We hope that you enjoy your stay and we look forward to your return, some day to Piccolo house.
- On the comfy sofa, watch a movie or read in front of the open fire.
- Listen and watch the local wildlife whilst rocking away on the large veranda.
- Read a magazine or book from our collection in the dining room.
- Saunter into town (15mins walk) and explore all the wonderful shops, cafes and restaurants.
- A short drive will take you to most of the Blue Mountains natural attractions, waterfalls, bush walking and lookouts.
- With double duck down doona’s and individual electric blankets you will sleep sound.
- A romantic night can be had in front of the open fire, (wood provided). How to light a fire
- For instant heating to keep you at a pleasant temperature there is a Rinnai gas heater.
- Piccolo’s kitchen is fully equipped and has everything you need to bake a cake, Sunday roast and/or whip up a quick stir fry.
- Stuck for ideas? Don’t worry there is a full range of cookbooks to help you.
- Piccolo’s kitchen includes all utensils, pots & pans, gas stove/electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, 240l fridge/freezer, all glass ware, crockery and cutlery.
- The dining room has a variety of books, magazine, puzzles, jigsaws and a DVD collection to keep you entertained.
- The TV is digital with DVD player to watch movies.
- The stereo has radio, CD and iPod connectivity.
Piccolo is nearly 100 years old and was originally a miner’s cottage. All its beautiful features are still present. We have lovingly furnished the cottage with an eclectic mix from the last 100 years so you have your creature comforts and as well as being entertained with a bit of history.
Welcome and enjoy your stay!
At Piccolo we cater for Short and Long term holiday rentals, minimum stay is 2 nights and all rates are for the whole house. The house is most enjoyable with two people staying however it can cozily accommodate three people at no extra charge, the third person sleeping on a comfortable sofa bed in the dining room.
Midweek special – valid all year apart from peak season
- Stay 3 pay for 2 nights
- Stay 4 pay for 2.5 nights
- Stay 5 pay for 3 nights
Weekends are either Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday.
- All rates are in Australian Dollars.
- We require a deposit of 50% at the time of booking.
- Final and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
- Payments can be made via direct deposit or credit card.
- Cancellations within 4 weeks no refund.
- Cancellations 4 weeks prior to arrival full refund.
- A credit card pre-authorisation of $500 is required as bond, this will be done on the day of arrival and released 1 day after departure.