STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION AT TASMAN HOUSE OR TASMAN TERRACE:
Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing.
1. The security bond is fully refundable. It is quoted as payment of additional tariff in advance in order to deter breaches of our Standard Terms and Conditions contract.
2. The contract is fully negotiable. Requests for variations to be considered must be sent by return email.
3. The PERSON MAKING THIS BOOKING IS RESPONSIBLE for ensuring that all guests staying at the property understand and honour the conditions set out below.
4. DEPOSIT OF 50% is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. BALANCE OF RENTAL AMOUNT must be received in full 14 days prior to occupancy. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
6. CANCELLATION if caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If a refund is made due to the property being re-let then a $50 cancellation fee will apply.
7. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is AVAILABLE AS BOOKED. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances. Your booking may be placed at either Tasman House or Tasman Terrace (both 2 storey homes in same street with comparable views and waterfront positions).
8. To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will RESPECT OUR PROPERTY but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
9. THE PROPERTY MUST BE SECURED appropriately each time the tenant goes out AND ON DEPARTURE ie all windows and doors should be LOCKED. Failure to do so may encourage unauthorised entry, or cause rain water damage resulting in loss of bond for rectification costs.
10.ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT. We request that all lights be switched off when not in use and prior to departure. WIRING AND PLUG-IN FOR TV, STEREO, DVD & SET TOP BOXES MUST NOT BE ALTERED IN ANY WAY AND REMOTE CONTROL DEVICES MUST BE REPLACED NEXT TO THE DEVICE THEY CONTROL AFTER USE. Time taken by management to rectify wiring systems will be deducted from your bond or the costs of a technician if required.
11. NUMBER OF GUESTS should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. A minimum 1 night stay tariff will apply per guest for excess guests whether agreed to or not agreed to with the owners in advance, whether staying overnight or visiting for only part of the booked date/s.
12. PARTIES AND FUNCTIONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED, especially buck or stag functions. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs, disturbance to the neighbourhood, etc. Unauthorised use of the property for parties or functions WILL result in either eviction with forfeiture of tariff and bond, or additional tariff charges (up to double your accommodation tariff) for unauthorised use of the house as a function centre or party venue. *see definition of approved parties at the end of these terms.
13. A BBQ is provided for your use but must be left clean and ready for use by subsequent guests. BBQ GAS BOTTLE REFILLS are the responsibility of the tenant and can be obtained at SWAPnGO at the local service station located 3 minutes drive from the house on Shellharbour Road. NOTE: you are welcome to bring your own portable bbq if you prefer, or you can use the free gas bbqs in the park reserve opposite the house.
14. Guests are requested to use the RECYCLING BIN (yellow lid) to dispose of bottles, cans and paper products. All other rubbish should be placed in the second bin ( red lid). EXCESS RUBBISH should be placed in strong plastic bags & sealed securely, AND DISPOSED OF BY THE TENANT. CHARGES FOR EXCESS RUBBISH REMOVAL WILL BE APPLIED.
15. ALL REMAINING FOOD PRODUCTS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE REFRIGERATOR AND CUPBOARDS AND TAKEN FROM THE PREMISES BY THE TENANT. Failure to do so WILL result in loss of bond OR EXTRA CLEANING CHARGES..
16. SMOKING INDOORS IS NOT PERMITTED. Person making this booking is responsible for ensuring all smokers smoke only outdoors. If this policy is not observed, it WILL result in loss of bond for extra cleaning required at the absolute discretion of the owner.
17. DAMAGE, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
18. DEPARTURE - the property which is let as self-catering accommodation, must be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival, ie clean & tidy, floors swept, surfaces clean, dishes washed, bbq ready for the next clients use, ALL LIGHTS AND GAS TURNED OFF AND ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS CLOSED AND LOCKED, KEYS PLACED AS FOUND. Extra cleaning charges will apply if the house is left in a condition contrary to the above requirements.
19. CHECK-OUT TIME is 10 am by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for next guests unless otherwise agreed to by the owner in writing.
***Check-out time during peak periods is 9 am, however can be later if no other clients are booking in on the same day.
***Provided there are no clients arriving on the day of your departure, we are usually agreeable to a LATER DEPARTURE, except for 1 night stays.
20. DISTURBANCE TO OUR NEIGHBOURS, including excessive noise, swearing, or any other disruptive behaviour, is prohibited and WILL result in termination of rental, AND forfeit of full tariff and bond.
21. BALL GAMES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PROPERTY. The foreshore reserve parkland opposite the house is perfect for ball games.
22. BED LINEN AND TOWELS are provided at Tasman Accommodation for use, not abuse. Beds are made up ready for your use. In the interests of hygiene, all beds used must remain made up with 2 sheets, and all pillows used must remain fitted with pillow case. A surcharge of $30 will be deducted from the bond for doonas used on the floor and/or quilt covers used without protective bed sheets/linen. On departure, please leave linen on beds and wet towels hanging on towel rails provided.
23. PETS are not permitted unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the owner. USUALLY PETS ARE WELCOME, BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER ARE THEY PERMITTED ENTRY INTO THE HOUSE. PET OWNERS WHO ALLOW THEIR PETS INSIDE AGREE TO PAY A PET TARIFF EQUIVALENT TO THEIR ENTIRE BOND.
24. LOSS - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
25. BOND is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The bond will be refunded within 14 days in full SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE CONDITIONS BEING MET. It is designed to remedy disruptive behaviour, the holding of parties and to to cover any additional costs incurred, including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared ..etc.
26. Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing and you are invited to participate fully in negotiating the terms.
*DEFINITION OF APPROVED PARTIES are those involving a group or gathering of guests being limited to those paying guests who have booked and been declared and who maintain low - medium level noise or music finishing or turned to low level by 11 pm.