Kiama Shores Motel strives to provide responsible, safe and professional service of alcohol.
We will endeavor to serve guests in a responsible, friendly and professional manner, and
abide by the conditions of our liquor licence. Staff are on hand to assist guests/customers in enjoying their time at Kiama Shores and to assist in their decision to drink in moderation and, where appropriate; avoid drinking activities that put guests/customers at harm or risk. Management is committed to adhere to all liquor licensing laws.
Where we refer to ‘the premises’ we mean Kiama Shores Motel, including all onsite facilities, the entrance, pool area, lawn courtyard and the car park.
The Staff and Management of Kiama Shores promote the enjoyment of guests and our community by enforcing the following House Rules:
• Management reserves the right to cease the sale of any product at any time.
• We reserve the right to limit the number of drinks or amount of alcohol purchased.
• ID must be shown for anyone staff believe to be under 25 years of age.
• We will ensure that water is available free-of-charge in the premises.
• We will ensure that snacks are available for purchase whenever alcoholic beverages are sold.
• We will not permit a guest/customer to ‘stockpile’ more than two drinks.
• We cease the trading of all alcoholic beverages between the hours of 830pm and 10am.
• We will refuse service of alcohol to any person who displays any signs of intoxication (as per RSA), is affected by drugs, cannot prove their age or is generally unruly.
• Persons caught vandalising or causing damage to the premises or surrounding areas will face police prosecution & further action from Kiama Shores Management
• We want all of our guests to enjoy themselves and won’t tolerate violence, aggressive or offensive behaviour or harassment. Anyone persons, who in the opinion of staff are exhibiting these behaviours will be refused service and escorted to their abode.
• In extreme cases, as deemed fit by staff, insubordinate guests can be evicted.
All staff involved in the sale and/or service of alcohol must have completed an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course. At no time are staff to encourage excessive or unsafe drinking practices. We are committed to ongoing training to deliver best possible adherence to our policy.
At no time will any person exhibiting any of the following, be served alcohol in the premises:
• is intoxicated
• is aggressive, quarrelsome or disorderly
• is, or is suspected of being, under the influence of any illicit substance
• is, or is suspected of being, in possession of any illicit substance.
We reserve the right to define ‘intoxication’ for this purpose.
MINORS AND PROOF OF AGE
All minors on the premises must be accompanied by a responsible guardian
• No minor will be served or allowed to consume alcohol under any circumstances.
• Anyone approaching the Front Desk with the intention of acquiring alcohol must be able to provide proof of age identification. This may be requested at entry, at the Front Desk, or elsewhere on the premises. We can refuse service, if a guest/customer is unable to produce a form of identification that is acceptable to us.
Service of alcohol at Kiama Shores will require one of the following:
• a current driver’s licence or learner’s permit with photo and date of birth
• a current passport
• an Australian government-issued proof-of-age card (18+ Card)
• Student ID or other photo ID cards are not acceptable forms of proof of age.
Kiama Shores offers, and actively promotes a full range of non-alcoholic and low alcoholic beverages. This includes soft drink, tea, coffee and water. Further, it is a commitment of Kiama Shores that a variety of low strength and mid strength beverages are offered. They are displayed prominently and always at a lower price than their full strength counterparts.
CONSIDER FELLOW GUESTS AND NEIGHBOURS
Kiama Shores is located within the heat of Kiama; It is asked that guests please leave the premises and surrounding area clean and with minimal noise. Guests, who make excessive noise, loiter in communal areas or otherwise disrupt the good order of the motel or neighbourhood will asked to leave the immediate vicinity and retire to their abode.
Taxi services are available upon request at the Front Desk. All guest rooms have compendiums stating the local Taxi Service contact details, as well as being equipped with phones.