WELCOME to Bed and Breakfast @ Kiama, providing boutique accommodation in Kiama, to guests both locally and internationally since 1998, in both luxury bed & breakfast rooms and suites, as well as clean and comfortable self-contained accommodation. Great for singles, doubles, groups or families, from an overnight stay to an extended holiday. Long-time owner/operators, Anthony and Marian van Zanen continue to greet valued guests in their personal hospitable style.
PRIVACY is assured: your hosts have their own living quarters, lounge area, their own entry and separate car parking.
QUIET SITUATION, YET CLOSE TO TOWN: If you generally have trouble sleeping when you are on holidays because of traffic and crowds, enjoy a quiet night’s sleep where the calling of the birds or the lowing of the cattle will lull you to sleep and gently greet you in the morning.
LOCATION: Bed and Breakfast @ Kiama is a small acreage with regenerated rainforest gardens, only two minutes drive to town and beaches on the peaceful quiet outskirts of town, surrounded by dairy farms. Enjoy the views from furnished decks overlooking the spectacular Jamberoo Valley and Southern Highlands escarpment, while listening to the myriad of bird life and lowing of the cattle, or view the stars in the night sky (without street lights to dim their sparkle).
KIAMA is a coastal town, situated on the south coast of New South Wales, just 90 minutes drive south of Sydney, with unique scenery, clean safe beaches, boat harbour, emerald green dairy farms, rainforests, waterfalls, and the adjoining towns and villages of Jamberoo, Minnamurra, Gerringong and Gerroa. Nearby tourist destinations include Berry, Shellharbour, Kangaroo Valley, Jervis Bay, Bowral, Wollongong, Nowra and Robertson.
FACILITIES: All guest rooms and entertainment areas have been designed and decorated to provide guests with everything they will need for their comfort, and all guests are provided with off-street parking, furnished verandah and deck areas, glorious gardens to wander in, wireless internet and 24/7 tea and coffee making. All bed and breakfast suites have ensuite bathrooms, all areas are fully air conditioned and all accommodation includes bed linen and fluffy white towels.
WEATHER: Kiama’s weather is very mild, owing to it’s proximity to the ocean and it’s rainforest climate, with no frost in winter and no scorching bushfires in summer. The temperature is generally between 10 and 30 C, and rainfall mainly in the evenings.
- The Garden Room has a queen bed and roomy ensuite with shower. Sleeps one double.
- The Rainforest Suite is a two room suite, and has a queen bed in one room, a double bed (or sofa) in the adjoining bedroom and a 3-room ensuite bathroom with separate toilet, separate vanity, a shower AND a separate large bath. Sleeps 1 double, twin share, two couples, family of 3-4.
- The Jamberoo Suite has a king bed (or twin singles, if you prefer), double bunks, and ensuite with bath. Sleeps 1 couple, twin share, family of 2 adults + 2 children, or 4 singles.
- The Jerrara Spa Suite has a king bed (or twin singles, if you prefer), double bunks, and ensuite with spa. Sleeps 1 couple, twin share, family of 2 adults + 2 children, or 4 singles.
- The Three Bedroom House (3 double bedrooms) sleeps 3 couples or 3 singles. The living room includes a lounge room, dining room, furnished verandas, air-conditioning, barbecue, wireless internet, TVs, DVDs, complimentary movies, tea/coffee and more.
- The Two Bedroom Cottage (2 units + living area) sleeps up to 8. Sleeps 2 couples, 2 families of 4, 8 singles, or an extended family of up to 8. The living room includes a living room with kitchen, dining and lounge, furnished verandas, air-conditioning, barbecue, wireless internet, 2 widescreen LCD TVs, DVDs, complimentary movies, tea/coffee and more.
FACILITES BY BED AND BREAKFAST AT KIAMA
- Free wireless internet available
- All rooms and guest areas have reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Bathrooms have heater lamps, soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hairdryers and make up removal pads
- All bedrooms have quality bedding, electric blankets, blankets or doonas, and spare blankets and pillows and fluffy white towels
- Over an acre of beautiful rainforest gardens with plenty of outdoor seating
- Furnished verandas and decks with spectacular views over Jamberoo Valley
- Comfortable communal lounge and dining areas with a variety of antiques, indoor pot plants and restful ambiance
- 24 hour tea and coffee-making with plunger coffee, infusions, and a variety of teas and coffees
- Guest refrigerators are available for guests use for drinks, nibbles and guest provisions
- Free off-street parking at the guest house and cottage
- Irons and Ironing boards
- Cottage king rooms have large LCD TV’s, DVD /video players
- Guest House bedrooms and lounge all have TV, DVD and Video players
- Complimentary guest movie library of videos and DVDs
- CD players in lounge areas
- Books, magazines and games for guest use
- Wireless Internet connection available (emails free: there will be a charge for large downloads or uploads)
- The Cottage kitchen has cooking facilities including tea and coffee making, microwave, oven, stove, cooking implements, and dishwasher as well as an outdoor hooded barbecue (unless you are booking the whole cottage, the Cottage kitchen and living areas are communal, and will be shared if other guests are in residence during your stay)
- The Guest House kitchen is generally not available for guest use, as it needs to be available to prepare guest breakfasts (guest dishwashing, some food preparation, and using the microwave is permitted on occasion, provided the kitchen is left clear for breakfast preparation)
- Our indoor/outdoor Stainless steel barbecue kitchen area can be made available for guest use, and is covered and partly enclosed with clear plastic café blinds and gas heater with seating for 12+
- Tariffs can include continental breakfast (cereals, toast, fruit, yogurt, juice, tea, coffee, and pancakes or bakery item)
- Cooked breakfast can be ordered (specialty eggs, bacon, grilled tomatoes, baked hash brown, etc)
- “Room only” and “Self-catering” tariffs available