One of Kangaroo Valley's most prestigious properties. Desiderata is now available for guests to come share in the wonderful experience that is Kangaroo Valley while staying in luxury....
Desiderata is Latin for "desired things" and is a stunning home set on 10 acres and has breathtaking 360 degree views of the valley with mountainous landscapes surrounded by farmland.
Go for a walk up Walkers Lane; relax in the hammock or cocoons on the large sun drenched veranda; sit in front of the volcanic rock chimney fireplace with a glass of wine; entertain in the indoor/outdoor living room; cook up a storm in the gourmet kitchen; read a book in the mezzanine library or just watch a movie in the entertainment room....there are plenty of options.
The house has a large open plan feel with private areas available. There are 3 bedrooms; one king bedroom with amazing views and 2 queen bedrooms with views. The main King bedroom has bi-fold doors that open up on its' own private balcony with outstanding views...please see photo's. It also has its own en-suite bathroom.
Every room has air conditioning, fans and electric blankets and the bedrooms have their own TV with the 2 queen bedrooms having their own DVD player, if sanctuary is needed or agreeing on which movie to watch is difficult.
The theatre room is sound proof and set for comfort and enjoyment with a very large flat screen TV and blue ray DVD player. We have over 300 DVD's to choose from.
Living areas also feature bi-fold doors which completely open to the outdoors, both at the entertainment areas and back of house opening it up to the amazing views outside.
We have a mezzanine floor which is used as a study and library or sanctuary for meditation. We have quite a library of books available to suite different tastes for you to enjoy.
The house is primarily aimed at couples/families wishing to have a relaxing break. The house has a beautiful warm feel and has been designed to cater for every need or desire. It is perfect for 6 people but we have a mezzanine floor with a pull out queen size bed which is suitable for one adult or 2 children. As there is a spiral staircase the children must be able to go up and down a staircase safely and with confidence.
The gourmet kitchen is a chefs delight including sunbeam cafe series espresso machine and we provide the Italian ground coffee beans for your enjoyment.
We also provide free broadband internet wireless and cable also free basic food essentials - olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
There are two portable cots and two hi-chair available upon request.
No further words are necessary, the photos speak for themselves.
A security bond and a booking fee applies to all bookings - Additionally
- all weekends (not attached to school holidays) are a minimum of 2 nights (Fri and Sat) $1,350
- all long weekend bookings are minimum of 3 nights (Fri, Sat & Sun) $2,250;
- all school holiday bookings are a minimum of 4 nights (midweek $600 per night; Fri & Sat $850 per night and Sun $700 per night);
- a discount rate applies if you book a full week
- if you book 3 nights mid week between Sunday to Thursday night you only pay for 2 nights (does not apply during school holidays)
- all mid week rates are $525 per night except for school holidays
- and all other bookings are a minimum of 2 nights, except for Christmas and Easter which is a minimum of 4 nights.
Some pets allowed so please enquire.
- Modern and luxurious self-contained accommodation
- Quality, stylish furnishings throughout
- 10 acre property just 4km from heart of the Village and 5 kms to Berry
- Master bedroom very private with king size bed and surround glass windows with amazing views and own private verandah and also own TV
- Two Queen bedrooms with own TV and DVD player and views
- Sound proof theatre room with extra wide flat screen TV and over 300 DVDs to choose from
- Full quality Sheridan linen supplied
- Electric blankets
- Each bedroom has its own reverse cycle air conditioner and ceiling fan
- Sunbeam cafe series espresso machine with Italian ground coffee supplied
- Huge pavilion deck with sweeping views
- Large living area opening onto entertaining deck
- Wireless internet available for laptops with wireless networking enabled
- Magnificent fireplace with wood supplied
- Separate library
- 2 bathrooms including deep bathtub
- Hairdryers in both bathrooms
- Gourmet kitchen with gas cooking, dishwasher, microwave
- Washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board
- Bluetooth sound system connect
- Ceiling fans in all living areas and bedrooms
- BBQ and outdoor seating
- Hammock and outdoor cocoons available to lounge around
- Goats for kids to feed