CONDITIONS OF LEASE:
To maintain a high standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
1. Deposit: Payment of 25% deposit is required to secure the booking. Payment constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Balance: Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 3 weeks prior to occupancy. We maintain the right to cancel bookings and attempt to re let dates if payment of deposits and balances are not received by due dates.
3. Bank Transfers: All payments are required to be net of any transfer fees.
4. Security Bond: A $150 bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The bond will be fully refunded immediately, subject to satisfactory post-stay inspection. It is held as a guarantee against additional costs being incurred as a result of your stay such as breakages, damage, theft, excess cleaning or garbage removal, non-declared guests or costs associated with non-compliance of our lease.
5. Cleaning: Cleaning costs are included in our rates but it is a requirement of our lease that the property is left in a neat, clean and tidy condition and all kitchen utensils and articles washed and put away on departure. Where our housekeeper has excessive cleaning to do or has to replace furniture moved from its original place, an excess cleaning charge may apply.
6. Linen: In order to keep your costs down, our rates are quoted on the basis of BYO linen. Included in our quote is the supply of pillows, doonas, extra blankets, tea towels, detergents & soaps.
7. Linen Option: If you would like us to provide a full hotel quality linen and laundry service, we can do so as an optional extra (includes sparkling white bed sheets, pillow slips, towels & laundry). The rates are:-
Queen bed package: $35 (per stay/per bed);
Single bed package: $25 (per stay/per bed);
Or you can save these costs by bringing your own. Please give us at least 7 days notice if you would like us to provide a full linen service. Our linen policy guarantees you get fresh linen every time.
8. Departure: Check-out time is 11.00 am unless we have agreed to a later check-out. We also remind guests that as we are leasing privately owned accommodation as distinct from a commercially owned cabin at the resort, our standard conditions require the cottage to be left in the same neat and tidy condition in which it is found. In this way we are able to keep our rates the lowest at the resort.
9. Guests: Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
10. Bookings for Two: Please note that we have quoted a rate for 2 persons travelling as a single couple and it is done on the basis that only one bedroom will be used. Use of the second bedroom in these circumstances will incur an additional charge of $60 per night, deductible from the bond. Please advise if your travelling party is other than what we have quoted for or if your party of 2 requires separate bedrooms for which a $30 per night supplement applies.
11. Availability: The owners will make the property available as booked. However if due to unpredictable circumstances prior to arrival the cottage becomes unavailable, we reserve the right to either alter booking dates or offer a full refund of any monies paid.
12. Cancellations: If cancellation is caused by the client, money paid is refundable provided the house is re-let for the entire period for an equivalent amount. Providing sufficient notice is given of a cancellation and the property is re-let for the period and the owner is not left out of pocket by the cancellation, a refund will be made less a $60 administration fee. We recommend that our guests take out travel insurance to cover events which may prevent them fulfilling their holiday plans and bookings.
13. Parties: Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
14. Damages: Damage, breakages, theft and loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
15. Personal property: The owners take no responsibility for the tenants personal property.
16. Furniture: Moving or re-locating the furniture around is not permitted as it may result in damage and/or injury. Extra cleaning charges may be incurred and deducted from your bond if our cleaner has to replace furniture items on departure.
17. Disturbances: Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
18. Pets: Pets are not allowed at the property as it is located within a Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby conservation area and native fauna protection site.
19. Smoking: SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED inside the cottage.
20. Local Attractions & Services : We may advertise or provide information from time to time about various independently run, local tourist attractions and services. We do this in good faith as a service to our guests when we think it may add value to your holiday experience. We receive no remuneration or commission from advertising any of these services and do not otherwise warrant their operation.
Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.