Rhonda & Ross Thomson, owners and hosts, and the friendly team welcome you to Inverell, the ‘Sapphire City’.
Whether you are travelling to Inverell for business or pleasure you can be assured of a great welcome, a great time, and warm, friendly country service at the Sapphire City Motor Inn. In addition to the great services offered at the motel all online bookings are eligible for a 10% discount on meals if requested.
Here are a few of the things that you can expect at the Sapphire City Motor Inn:
- Spotlessly clean rooms,
- All Executive and Deluxe rooms have brand new bathrooms,
- Terrific beds just waiting to give you a great night’s sleep,
- Excellent showers with plenty of hot water,
- Free (YES FREE) wireless and wired broadband,
- Super large, soft and fluffy towels,
- Complimentary 1st class toiletries,
- Hair dryers,
- Air conditioning and heating – plus electric blankets for those cooler months,
- Flat screen Full HD LCD TV – the Deluxe family room offers a second TV for gaming machines so mum and dad can relax while the kids play, 8 channel Austar package so you can watch a movie, sport, catch up on local, national and international news, or relax and enjoy the great music on offer,
- DVD players in all rooms (2 in the big family room) with movie hire available from reception,
- Full sized ironing board and iron,
- Complimentary tea and coffee – with fresh milk from reception,
- Microwave ovens in all rooms,
- Great meals, with true country size servings,
- Fully stocked mini & snack bar, plus an excellent selection of drinks available from reception,
- And did we mention the terrific friendly country service that we provide? You truly need to experience it; we know that you will come back time and time again.
We offer a terrific range of accommodation choices for your convenience – single rooms, doubles, twin rooms, triples, and a range of family rooms. All our rooms are ground floor and we have two ‘easy access’ rooms.
For guests wanting to know the total cost of their visit in advance why not have a look at our bed & breakfast, or even our dinner, bed & breakfast packages.
In addition to our traditional motel rooms we now also offer a fully self contained cottage for people seeking this type of accommodation.
The cottage is a circa 1930's workers cottage and is located immediately to the rear of the motel. You can enjoy a touch of yesteryear, with all the modern conveniences that is expected today. The cottage offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen and king single bed; plus a sleep out. The cottage offers the complete package – big TV with HD signal provided, DVD player, Austar (+20 channels), ducted heating and cooling, front verandah & undercover patio, huge renovated kitchen, almost new bathroom and a washing machine. Ample onsite parking is available at the Sapphire City Motor Inn with partial undercover parking available for most rooms.
We can cater for vans, trailers, trucks and buses on-site. There is side street parking for larger vehicles adjacent to the motel. We offer the option of a full or continental breakfast, as well as dinners to your room seven days per week. Alternatively for dinner we have a charge back arrangement with local restaurants and some will even deliver to your door! There is even a park across the road so you can rest, relax, and let the kids run free or kick a ball.
We are also immediately opposite the East Inverell Bowling Club, the club offers cost conscious dining; great cold drinks and we are told that their poker machines are pretty generous. Situated on Glen Innes Rd (for guests using GPS devices use 3 Greaves St) we are an easy stroll to the Inverell shopping centre, local churches, and most sporting facilities. We also provide easy access to Maclean Village, making us an ideal place to stay when visiting family or friends at Maclean. Sapphire City Motor Inn is also ideally located to provide access to local attractions, such as; fossicking, Inverell Motor Museum, Heritage Village, wineries, Copeton Waters (one of Australia’s largest water storage facilities, offering a full range of water sports, fishing and bush walking) to name just a few.
Inverell is also a great base for day trips to the New England highlands, the cotton fields of Narrabri, or the spa pools at Moree. Reception hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on weekends and public holidays however we live on-site and provide 24 hour access via a night bell. If you are planning to arrive late please give us a call so we can make sure that the little things are taken care of for you – a light turned on in your room to welcome you, fresh milk in the fridge, the air conditioner or heater turned on, a dinner that can be reheated, and so on. Days spent travelling and arriving tired? Let us make your evening a comfortable and memorable one. You will be surprised at what Inverell has to offer both the business and recreational traveler. Stay a while and have a look around, we are sure you will be back.