) PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY AS ANY DEPARTURE FROM THESE COULD PERMIT THE OWNER OR AGENT TO REFUSE THE KEY, AMEND THE RENT OR IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE OCCUPANCY.
2) BOOKING CONFIRMATION - Your booking is not confirmed until we notify you via email that we have received your deposit payment and that the booking is confirmed.
3) DEPOSITS - Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable.
4) CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE - For credit card payments there is a surcharge of 3.5%.
5) PAYMENT DUE DATES - It is the responsibility of the client to make all payments by the due dates. If the full payment is not received by the due date we will not be able to guarantee the availability of the accommodation.
6) SECURITY BOND REFUND - Any remaining security bond will be refunded within 7 days of departure. The security bond will only be released in full provided no damages have occurred or extensive cleaning or excess garbage removal is required. It is usually paid via Paypal or direct deposit to any Australian bank account you nominate.
7) KEYS - Keys will not be made available until ALL monies have been paid in full or before the agreed check in time. Unless alternative arrangements are made with the owner prior to arrival, keys are to be picked up at the agreed check in time. Key duplication is forbidden. If spare keys are required please contact the owner. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of accommodation keys. Loss of keys attracts a $50 charge. There is a $25 call out fee for misplaced keys.
8) INSURANCE - The owner takes no responsibility for guest’s or invitees of guest’s personal property including loss, damage or theft. Without limitations, the foregoing personal property shall include money, jewellery and other personal effects and motor vehicles parked on or off the premises. It is the responsibility of the guests to make arrangements for all the required insurance cover, including cover for all activities whilst on holiday. The owner doesn’t not accept liability for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused. Insurance should be acquired which covers the cost of cancellation. We have linked to a major Australian travel insurance company on this page - http://www.sydneyrental.com.au/links.html
9) CANCELLATIONS & DATE CHANGES - All changes and cancellations must be given in writing. Any cancellation (of any or all nights) prior to 12 weeks from the nights being cancelled will receive a full refund less a cancellation fee of $100. For any cancellation (of any or all nights) within 12 weeks (84 days) of the nights being cancelled, the full payment will still be due immediately, and all monies paid will be retained and all efforts will be made to re-book the property. All re-booked nights will be refunded (up to the net amount we receive for the re-booked nights) less a $100 cancellation fee.
10) ARRIVAL TIME - The premises must not be entered before the stated time. The premises will be available from 2:00 PM on the day of arrival unless stated by the owner in writing.
11) DEPARTURE TIME – The premises must be vacated no later than 10:00 am on the day of departure unless stated by the owner in writing. A $100.00 fee will be charged for late checkout.
12) CLEANLINESS - The premises are to be kept clean at all times and left in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so will incur a charge for extra cleaning or excess garbage. Any additional charges or fees will be deducted from the security bond.
13) BOOKING EXTENSIONS - Extensions may be possible depending on availability. Extension bookings should be requested as soon as possible prior to check out. Extensions are at the absolute discretion of the owner.
14) PROPERTY DESCRIPTION - Whilst every care is taken with the description and representation of the property by the owner in good faith, the owner does not accept liability for any changes to the descriptions provided & or the accuracy of that information.
15) GUESTS EXPECTATIONS - Properties are furnished to the owner’s taste and style and we take no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made to the décor, furnishings and equipment. The owner will not be responsible for or make refunds to guests who are not satisfied with the accommodation they have booked. This applies whether or not the property has been inspected by the guest or a third party.
16) NOISE & PARTIES - The premises are to be used for the purpose of accommodation only. Functions and parties are strictly not allowed. The guests and invitees of guests shall not create or permit any noise or nuisance which is likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment, comfort and safety of any other person occupying neighbouring or adjoining premises. Any breach of these conditions, in the absolute discretion of the owner, may result in instant eviction from the premises without any refund whatsoever.
17) VEHICLE PARKING - The guests shall only park vehicles in areas provided for that purpose. Unlimited street parking is available at no cost. A private carport spot is available at additional cost if required. Extra vehicles such as boats and caravans are to be parked on the street, unless arrangements are made with the owner. Vehicles are NOT allowed on any lawn areas. There is a $100 fee charged (from the bond) if vehicles are parked on lawn areas.
18) REPORTING PROBLEMS - Any problems during your stay should be promptly reported to the owner by phone or in person, at which time the owner will endeavour to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you don’t report any obvious problems (eg. a broken water pipe), you may be liable for additional costs incurred as a result of the issue not being reported to the owner.
19) CHANGES TO BOOKING BY THE OWNER - The owner reserves the right to change the stated accommodation to that of a similar standard when the necessity arises. If this occurs, the owner will notify you as soon as possible and do their utmost to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable to you, failing which, all monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party. You also have the right to a refund of your deposit instead of changing your accommodation.
20) GAS, ELECTRICITY, HOT/COLD WATER - Gas, electricity and hot water are included at no extra charge.
21) INTERNET CONNECTION – There is a high speed WIFI (wireless) internet connection at the premises. This is available for a reasonable fee, and is not included in the booking price unless the owners states this in writing.
22) OTHER INCLUSIONS - The accommodation is fully self contained and includes blankets, pillows, cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, iron, ironing board, washing machine, DVD player and colour TV.
23) MOVING FURNITURE - Furniture is not to be moved and only outdoor furniture is to be used outdoors.
24) PETS - Pets are not permitted on the premises unless agreed in writing by the owner.
25) DAMAGE, BREAKAGES AND LOSS - The guests shall be liable for damage to the property or loss of or damage to any items in the property, including but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware or cutlery. The guest will pay, to the owner, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost less any relevant security deposit withheld. All damage, breakages or losses are to be reported to the owner immediately. All furnishings and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found. It is important to inform the owner of any damage or missing items on arrival. In the event that the property or it’s contents have been either damaged or lost, whether such damage or loss is willful or not, the owner may use the bond to cover these costs and the guest hereby authorizes the manager to do so.
26) NUMBER OF GUESTS - The number of guests is restricted to the number of guests listed at the time of booking. OVER CROWDING OF PROPERTIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If more people stay in the property than the agreed number, your bond will be forfeited.
27) REPAIRS AND INSPECTIONS - Guests must allow the owner or their representatives to enter the premises to carry out repairs or inspections if the owner or their representatives feels this is necessary or if the owner feels the guest is in breach of the terms and conditions in this agreement.
28) ELECTRONIC GAMES & DEVICES - The attachment of electronic games and other devices to the entertainment system is permitted with the owners prior authorisation. If re-tuning is necessary after such use, the guest will be required to pay a $20 fee.
29) EXTRA CLEANING SERVICES AND FEES - The property is cleaned prior to arrival and upon departure. Clean linen is supplied. For an additional fee our staff can arrange for more frequent cleaning or linen changes. Your tariff includes a standard clean after you leave, however should an additional clean be necessary, then this extra charge will be debited from your security bond.
30) VACATING - GARBAGE REMOVAL – When vacating, the guest is required to place all garbage and fridge/freezer contents in the outdoor bins supplied. The guest will be charged a $50.00 garbage removal fee if any garbage is not removed from the premises.
31) VACATING – CLEANLINESS - As you are not charged a cleaning fee, you are required to leave the premises neat and tidy. The fridge and freezer must be emptied, and any spillages in the fridge, freezer or on kitchen benches must be wiped, floors swept, dishes washed, dried and put away.
32) VACATING – LEAVE KEYS, CLOSE WINDOWS, LOCK DOORS – When the guest vacates, the keys should be left on the living room table or kitchen bench, all windows closed, and all doors locked (a key is not required to lock the doors). The guest is liable for any loss or damage that results if the property is left accessible after they vacate.
33) LEGAL ACTION - Nothing in this agreement shall compromise the owner’s right to issue legal proceedings in New South Wales or elsewhere at its discretion seeking damages and/or punitive relief for any express or implied breaches of this agreement and/or any claim which may arise by reason of the negligence and/or willful damage of the guests and/or invitees whatsoever.
34) THIS AGREEMENT - This Agreement shall constitute the whole of the agreement between the parties and any express and/or implied warranties imposed upon the owner by legislation or law of the extent that is possible are expressly excluded. These Terms and Conditions override any discrepancies between these and any previous written, printed, or verbal correspondence you may have had with the owner.
35) WHEN THIS AGREEMENT TAKES EFFECT - When a guest makes their first payment, they are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these conditions.
36) FAILURE TO OBSERVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Failure to observe the above Terms and Conditions will grant the owner the immediate right to refuse the key, amend the rent, or immediately terminate the letting without any prior notice.