Spectacular panoramic water views, 2 large decks, 16 m wide glass wall, log fire
Blue Salt Gerroa is a luxurious hillside beach house with spectacular, uninterrupted views of the ocean, beach and river. The house is very elevated and the views can be seen for miles from two large decks and internally through 16 metres of glass panels and doors. All living areas enjoy postcard views through these floor to ceiling glass doors, which open to the decks. The view of ocean, beach and river commands your attention and takes your breath away. Blue Salt is located within short walking distance of and overlooking the famous 12.5 km Seven Mile Beach. Nothing is so relaxing as watching and listening to the waves rolling in and observing the ebb and flow of the tides. The house is free standing and set back on the block so that sweeping views are maximised. As a result of being well set back from the road you do not look directly into neighbours homes and privacy from the street is maintained. This house due to it's view and elevation has been referred to as the jewel in Gerroa's crown.
Blue Salt has spectacular panoramic views specifically of the Pacific Ocean, the Seven Mile Beach and the Crooked River. Adjacent to the house is the view over the Seven Mile Beach National Park, the mountains, escarpments and green rolling hills which stretch out to two magnificent headlands, Beecroft Peninsula and Black Head. Beecroft Peninsula cliffs can be seen clearly from the house and the iconic Mount Coolangatta forms a significant part of the view. At night Point Perpendicular Lighthouse can be seen flashing it's light on the horizon The house is located very near to the Seven Mile Beach and it is only a short walk to the beach.
A very special review written originally in French:
"Spectacular view of the beach and the ocean but also the river and beautiful vegetation, incredibly beautiful rooms, 2 huge balconies, 2 living rooms, 4 double (bed) rooms, really exceptional villa. The kind of dream house. Probably the most beautiful house in the area. Breathtaking view. "
(Original)" Vue spectaculaire sur la plage et l’ocean mais aussi la rivière et une végétation magnifique, chambres incroyablement belles, 2 enormes balcons, 2 salons, 4 chambres doubles, vraiment villa d’exception. Le genre de maison de rêve. Probablement la plus belle maison de alentours. Vue a couper le souffle. Jenn March 2019”
Blue Salt is a private, spacious and luxurious home. It is contemporary and elegant in style, having versatile, multi-level living areas. Most rooms enjoy postcard views through an extensive glass frontage from all floors, with sliding doors opening onto two large entertaining decks. A major feature of the house is the massive upstairs open plan living area and deck directly overlooking the Seven Mile Beach and large separate living/lounge room with garden views and a double sofa bed expanding the number of people that can stay at the property to 10. There are four bedrooms two of which are master bedrooms with queen sized beds, ensuite, built - in wardrobes, heaters, fans, balconies and water views. The third bedroom is next door to the second living room and bathroom, has a queen sized bed, a fan, a heater and a bush setting and the fourth bedroom has two single beds, a fan and water views. Greenery surrounds the house.
The house has a north-south aspect with the major living area and three bedrooms with the water views facing south. This aspect and ocean breezes make the house cool in summer. The wood burner creates warmth and atmosphere in winter. The house is equipped for all seasons.
The house is set amongst trees and greenery. Rainforest Hill, a natural sub- tropical rainforest, can been seen directly through the kitchen window. Sub-tropical vegetation appears near the house attracting a varied and colourful bird life.
From the upper deck colourful sunsets can be seen to the west behind Mount Coolangatta. You can also watch an electric storm that hits the coast with all it's drama, sight migrating whales and dolphins or observe a lone surfer tackling the waves or a fisherman throwing a net from his boat in the early morning. Or you can simply watch the ocean and enjoy the sight and sound of the waves thrashing against the beach.
Blue Salt, only 90 minutes from Sydney, enables you to experience all that this quaint village of Gerroa and it's surrounds has to offer. Just a short distance further from Canberra.
Location and View
- Spectacular panoramic 180 degrees views of the coast, ocean, Seven Mile Beach, Crooked River, National Park, mountains and rural countryside.
- The Seven Mile Beach and Crooked River are within short walking distance.
- The house is in a central location in Gerroa. The Gerroa Boat Fisherman’s Club and the Blue Swimmer Restaurant and Café and the General Store are all within short walking distance. You can eat out and walk home.
- Sub-tropical vegetation appears near the house attracting a varied and colourful bird life.
- Beautiful sunsets seen from the living areas and deck.
House in general
- Extensive upper living area and deck with the magnificent panorama.
- Luxurious, contemporary and stylish house with open plan layout and three levels.
- The house is wide allowing all important living rooms –kitchen, dining and lounge to have direct water views.
- A north/south aspect makes the house cooler in our very hot summers. Sea breezes through the open plan house also reduce summer temperatures.
- The house is well equipped including all amenities as described in each room below.
- The house is tastefully decorated with homely touches such as framed prints of famous paintings, lots of framed photos of the area, canvas paintings, lots of sea shells collected in the area, decorative vases and bottles, old exotic Balinese front doors and large established indoor and balcony plants.
- All linen is provided for kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Wi Fi is provided.
Two Living Areas
- Massive upstairs open plan living space with lounge area, kitchen, dining area, and outdoor dining area with BBQ on the balcony. All spaces have panoramic views.
- Includes 60 inch Flat TV and DVD Player, Hi Fi Stereo, reverse cycle air conditioning, ceiling fans. Books, magazines and board games.
- A large wood burner which heats the whole of the house and supplies rustic charm.
- White gourmet kitchen with European gas cook top and large electric oven (SMEG), microwave oven (SMEG), dishwasher, refrigerator. The kitchen is well stocked with appliances including cooking pots and pans, Nespresso Coffee Machine (byo coffee pods). Coffee plungers, china, glasses, cutlery and all kitchen items you will require for a great holiday. Lots of cooking magazines and cook books.
- A second large living room with 60 inch Flat TV, DVD Player, reverse cycle air conditioning. Great as a separate children’s living room or for someone wishing to spend some time alone. It has a tropical garden outlook. Room contains an old welsh dresser.
- A feature of the living areas is the polished spotted gum wooden floors. Jamie Drury rugs appear in both living rooms as well as a richly coloured Moroccan rug in the upper living area.
- A wide range of interesting books suitable for all ages.
- From here the panoramic views are at their best.
- A large gas BBQ, linked to house gas, not gas cylinders.
- A teak dining setting.
- Two balcony recliners and a side table.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Four bedrooms sleeping eight people in three queen sized beds and two single beds.
- There are three bathrooms. Two are ensuites and the third is next door to a bedroom.
- Two bedrooms are master bedrooms with water views, queen sized beds, ensuite bathrooms, a balcony accessible from the bedroom through sliding glass doors, built-in wardrobes.
- The third bedroom has a queen sized bed, bathroom next door.
- The fourth bedroom has two single beds and water views.
- Quality cotton bed linen and towels are provided.
- There are summer and winter doonas and colourful woollen throws for all the beds.
- Fans in all bedrooms. All bedrooms are naturally well ventilated through opening sliding doors or windows. There is always plenty of air movement outside.
- Internal laundry, fully equipped with washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron.
- Views of the Seven Mile Beach. Close to the beach with strong sounds of the waves thrashing.
- A private and quiet place, overlooking the tropical garden setting of the backyard.
- Two bedrooms access this balcony directly through sliding glass doors and there is a door off the central doorway.
- Off street parking for four cars.
- The garage can house two cars, one large car and one small car.
- The private driveway and parking bay has space for two more cars.
- Internal access from garage to house.
Book 3 or 4 midweek nights (Sun-Thurs) and get an extra midweek night free.