You would go a long way to find a better place than Highclere Farm for comfort and style. Add to this the stunning Hunter location that is The Paterson Valley - Heaven!
You know you have arrived somewhere special when you are greeted by two gleaming white 5 bar gates, the entry to your very own 50 acres on the Paterson River.
The exterior is the ideal country homestead with a fresh cream and white façade, colonial architraves, and wrap-around porches or huge decks for views of the rural backdrop.
Inside is all country chic, reflecting the owners' Australian and English heritage. Modern amenities (including gourmet kitchen appliances, a plasma TV and DVD with an eclectic mix with restored furniture and vintage collectibles.
The homestead accommodates up to 10 adults offering 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and living rooms across the two pavilions. There are 4 Queen bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom.
There is a two-night minimum booking requirement with a three-night minimum over public holidays.
* Large gas fireplace
* Flatscreen TV and DVD, Bose stereo docking station
* Chess set, board games, a selection of books and DVDs
* Country gourmet kitchen with Ilve oven, Smeg fridge, microwave & dishwasher
* All bedrooms have pillow top mattresses, down pillows, heaters. Duvets on beds and spare blankets provided. All bathrooms have plush towels and toiletries
* Shutters or blinds to windows
* Fans for summer and heaters for winter and fly screens on doors
* Water is rainwater
* Gas BBQ
* Herb garden
An easy 2.5 hours’ drive north of Sydney, Highclere Farm is the perfect weekend escape. Secluded, peaceful and private, it is an ideal setting for a couple or your family and friends to spend time taking in the magnificent views, rambling, playing games, cooking and......just relaxing.
The Hunter Wine Country forty five minutes away.
An ideal setting for wedding parties for those getting married nearby.
Children under 12 by prior arrangement.
Bring your own horse by prior arrangement.
This is the perfect destination for a break both summer and winter:
* Visit and enjoy the true country town of Dungog (25km) or the quaint villages of Paterson (12 km), East Gresford (9 km)
* Feasting at Highclere: be sure to buy local meat at the local Paterson Butcher or order from nearby Redgate Farm your gourmet fowl (quail, partridge, ducks, spatchcock, and free range chicken).
* Bunna Bunnoo Olives produces a well-known local Olive Oils
* Discover the World Heritage Barrington Tops National Park
* Visit historic Tocal Homestead and Agricultural College
This valley is where Dorothea MacKeller wrote her famous poem “I love a Sunburnt Country” and Captain Thunderbolt the highwayman wandered.
o Wirragulla Polo
o Dungog Film Festival
o Dungog Show
o Gresford Show
o Gresford Billycart Derby
o Gresford Rodeo