Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning
Terms and Conditions 2016
These Terms and Conditions are intended for your safety and ease of use of our services. It is the guests’ responsibility to read all terms and conditions prior to making a booking. By making a booking with us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning has the right to change or modify all or any part of these terms and conditions at any time.If you have any further questions or concerns about our accommodation or would like more information about visiting Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning please contact us by email or give us a call on 0433-838-908
Please note that we are “self-catering” B&B accommodation.
Payment Policy/Cancellation and Changes
- Payment of your deposit (20% of the total amount of your tariff) is payable at the time of booking to confirm your reservation. Balance of payment must be made at least 14 days prior to your date of arrival. Booking made less than 14 days before due date of arrival are payable in full immediately at time of booking. Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking may be cancelled automatically.
- We accept payment via Paypal or electronic transfer into our business bank account.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email as soon as funds have been received. Please check the reservation details. Please notify your hosts of any discrepancies immediately.
- Your tariff includes continental breakfast provisions for the first night of your stay only and a and free Wifi facilities. Complimentary toiletries are included. All linen is supplied.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to your check-in will be refunded in full. Cancellations made 30-15 days prior to your check-in date will be subject to a 20% charge of the total cost of the booking. There will be no refund for cancellations made 14 days or less from the start of your booking.
- We will refund in Australian dollars only and will not be responsible for any variations to exchange rate or pay any bank fees or charges associated with any such refund.
- Transfers or changes to the dates of your booking can be made 15 days or more prior to the start of your booking. It is up to the discretion of the owners to permit transfers or changes 14 days or less from the start of your booking. A fee of $50 applies if there are any transfers or changes to your booking made within 14 days of the intended arrival date. No fee will be charged if the accommodation can be rebooked for the same dates.
Arrival and Departure/Instructions for accessing the chalet
- Check in time is between 3pm and 6pm. Please contact your hosts if there is going to be any delay. **Please enter Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning via the driveway on the left ( about 20 metres ) after the letterbox and main driveway. ( There is signage to indicate the guest entrance. ) Enter through the gate and ring the doorbell. One of your hosts (either Anita or Andrew) will then come to greet you and show you through your accommodation.
- Check out time is 11am. A late checkout (12pm) may be possible at the discretion of the owners. . This is dependent on following bookings of the chalet.
- As a Japanese custom, we respectfully ask that guests remove their shoes inside the chalet. Slippers are provided for your comfort. Footwear must not be worn on the tatami mats. Food and drink (other than water) must not be consumed in the tatami mat room as it is very difficult and expensive to replace if damaged. In order to keep costs down for guests, we do not charge a cleaning fee. Therefore we kindly ask that guests leave the chalet is generally the same condition as they found it.
- Please do not use candles in the tatami mat room.
- Please leave the property in the general condition that you found it upon arrival. Please wash all dirty dishes before departure and dispose of rubbish thoughtfully in the bins provided.
- Please do not put anything other than toilet paper in the toilet due to our eco-septic system.
- Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning does not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought into our accommodation.
- If you wish to have friends or family visit whilst you are staying at Chalet Hotaru, prior arrangements must be made with your hosts. Non-paying guests/friends are not permitted to stay overnight or access the paddocks and animals for insurance purposes. A surcharge of $40 per guest per night applies to any extra guest ( after 2 guests ) and $20 per night per child ( over the age of two. )
Although we absolutely love all animals, we regretfully need to have a NO PETS POLICY. This is due to the fact that we have our own cats, dogs, free-ranging poultry and livestock on the property.
Babies and Children
Due to the presence of livestock and unfenced natural water bodies close by, nothing less than full adult supervision of children is required at all times. Parents are asked to note that there is perimeter (dog) fencing around the rear courtyard and verandah of the chalet so it is fully enclosed. Gates are present at both access points to the chalet. (These are not ‘safety gates”. ) However, this may not deter the more adventurous child, hence full adult supervision required at all times.
We may request to have certain decorative items in the chalet removed out of reach of very young children.
Safety gates can be installed at the top and bottom of the staircase on request.
- For the comfort and safety of all our guests Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning is strictly non-smoking. There are mains fitted smoke detectors in the chalet that will set off alarms for the whole building. You will be asked to leave if you do not respect this policy, no refund will be given and there will be a $100.00 cleaning fee charged. However, smoking is permitted outside in your private courtyard garden and deck. Ashtrays are provided for this purpose.
Accidental Damage or Missing Property
- We understand that accidental breakages do happen. Damage to furnishings and fittings is another matter. Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning reserves the right to replace any missing, damaged or soiled items. The person booking the chalet or the cardholder is deemed to be responsible for their actions and those of any of their party. The guest acknowledges that the charge may be debited from the credit card or charge facility used for payment of the booking.
OTHER IMPORTANT IMFORMATION
- Children, pets and farm animals reside at this property. Our children are NOT permitted any access to the chalet, the chalet verandah area or the rear Japanese garden courtyard under any circumstances.
- While we endeavor to keep “noise” at a minimum (especially at night time & early morning), some occasional level of sound is to be expected as a result of our usual daily household activities or emotional farm creatures!
- Due to the separate location of your accommodation, your privacy however is completely assured. Guests can enjoy total privacy inside their chalet and in their own rear Japanese style garden courtyard. It is up to our guests how much they would like to interact with their hosts.
- “ TURNDOWN SERVICE”: As we respect the privacy of our guests, we do not routinely offer a turndown service (for stays of less than 3 nights) , unless requested to do so. Extra towels are provided to guests.
- We cannot allow access to the paddocks due to safety and insurance reasons. However, supervised feeding of the farm animals is possible each day at pre-arranged times. Please note: Donkeys have up to date Hendra virus vaccinations.
- Please note that occasionally floods do occur in the local area. During times of extreme weather, guests are advised to check flood advice reports prior to departing for Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning. Under no circumstances should guests attempt to drive through floodwaters. Should guests by chance be “flooded in”, they will not be liable for any extra costs associated with an extended stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning. Guests, whose accommodation must be cancelled due to flood, will have the full amount of their stay refunded. Alternatively, guests may rebook for an alternative date. We will make all efforts to personally contact guests prior to arrival if floods have been forecast. The same principle applies in case of extreme or catastrophic fire days.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.