Terms and Conditions of 'House on the Hill'
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property. “Property” means 'House on the Hill' and all its ﬁxtures, ﬁttings and equipment. “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property. "Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking. "Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 3pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges will apply.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as per email instructions unless special arrangements have been made prior to arrival.
4. SECURITY BOND
• A credit card authorisation must be provided to Management before ACCESS Information is given OR a $200 cash bond deposited (if this method is used the $200 will be refunded within 48 hours of your stay)
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be chargeable against the credit card or bond. Examples include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra Guests or visitors beyond those declared.
5. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Either Parties OR Functions are strictly prohibited.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
6. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure
• Pets are NOT allowed at the Property
8. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours. NO NOISE AFTER 11PM.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your credit card. This includes fumigation of property if smoking is detected.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $50.
• This is a NO SMOKING house – smoking is suitable in the garden only. Extra cleaning/fumigation fees will apply if smoking is detected in the house.
9. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efﬁciently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notiﬁed in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have. We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property. Variations to these conditions can only be made by prior arrangement, in writing.
10. CANCELLATION OR CHANGE TO BOOKING
Cancellation or change to the booking is allowed free of charge up until 60 days prior to the booking date. Any change after this incurs a fee of $100 for number change or 100% of the tariff for cancellation.