“Camphill Cottage” as it has been known in the district since 1860 - is not just a farm stay - it’s an echo of a time zone - one of confident simplicity, dramatic landscapes and birdsong chorus. Situated a five minute drive from the cafes, antique shops and old pubs of historic Rylstone, it is the ideal option for those seeking peace, privacy, space and authenticity.
This charming, rustic cottage offers two queen size bedrooms and a large mezzanine loft with two single beds (sleeping a total of six). All beds are endowed with quality manchester and electric blankets. The large living area is equipped with a cosy wood fire and reverse cycle air conditioner. A glass enclosed verandah on the northern side looks out over a large dam to the mountains and at sunset will still the buzziest mind. The eastern verandah looks toward original haysheds and horse stables from a bygone era.
The cottage is situated on a horse establishment where horses graze the green paddocks bound by post and rail fencing. The property dates back to the 1860s and had it’s origins as a blacksmith’s shop forging horse shoes, farm implements, carriage wheels and tools necessary for life in the Central West. The original stone “blacksmith’s forge” still stands to this day located on the 60 acre property.
The gardens are a mixture of native and deciduous trees and plants providing shade and habitat for native fauna such as wombats, wallabies and native birdlife. The autumn colours are magniicent in traffic stopping reds, rusts, pinks, magenta and golds.
Activites we suggest are walks to explore:
- Fern Tree Gully
- Wollemi National Park (swimming, canoeing, birding)
- Windemere Dam (swimming, fishing, waterskiing)
- Breakfast Creek Road (walking distance)
- Rylstone Common (5 minute drive)
- Wollemi National Park (15 minute drive)
For Motorcross fans:
- the Lue Enduro Bike Track hosts a venue of National renown just a 10 minute drive away.
For foodies and wine fans:
- Mudgee wineries and restaurants or
- Rylstone Olive Press with it's internationally award winning olive oils
- Yum Cha at 29 nine 99 in Rylstone (authentic Cian dumplings)
If you want to stay in your zone, that’s your business - if you want to escape it - it’s ours.