“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means 24 Shirley Lane, Byron Bay NSW (Starr Cottage or Skye Lodge) and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit for your accommodation constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 3.00 pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10.00 am on departure date.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges of $50 or more may apply.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 2 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as agreed with the Manager.
• Please ensure that all garbage is in the bin provided and the property is tidy before leaving.
3. $0 RATE DISPLAY
• Call Management for rates. Online bookings with $0 display in any day of your stay will not be honoured.
• A deposit of 50% of the total rental (unless otherwise agreed), must be received as soon as possible, but within no more than 7 days after the Booking is taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than one month prior to your arrival.
• However, if the arrival date is within one month of booking or the total booking value is less than $900, then full payment must be made when booking.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits as agreed with the Manager or the Booking may be cancelled without notice.
• Management reserves the right to cancel any online Booking and refund all funds within 5 working days of date booking is made.
• Schoolies rates apply to all schoolies bookings whatever dates are booked.
• We accept payment by the following methods:
Visa, MasterCard, direct deposit into our bank account or bank cheque
• Cash payments are not accepted.
• A credit card surcharge of 1% will be levied to cover transaction costs associated with credit card payments.
• Information about payments will be issued by receipt within 5 business days.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on 0428 869 466
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation less than one month of your check-in date
• If you cancel your booking after the deposit is paid (but not within one month of your check-in date), we will attempt to re-let the property. If the property is re-let for the same or a higher value than your agreed rental, you will be refunded your deposit. If the property is re-let for less than the value of your agreed rental, you will be refunded your deposit less the shortfall of the rental. If the property is not re-let, then you may not receive a refund.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests
• An administration charge of $200 will be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• We have a minimum nights stay policy of 3 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
6. SECURITY BOND
• May be different for special interest groups e.g. Schoolies and for peak weeks such as New Years and Bluesfest. Please refer to your booking confirmation for this information.
• A bond payment of $1000 (or other amount as agreed by management) is required prior to check in. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
Bank Details for Direct Deposit
Account name: Tashmanna Investments Pty Ltd
Bank: ANZ Bank
BSB: 012 715
Account: 18986 5242
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc.) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. NUMBER OF GUESTS
• The number of guests confirmed at the time of the booking is the maximum number of guests allowed to stay at the Property.
• There is a maximum capacity for 8 adults in Starr Cottage and 12 adults in Skye Lodge for Bookings. The number of adult guests requiring accommodation must be registered with Management at the time of Booking.
• We reserve the right to cancel any Booking that exceeds the maximum numbers here specified.
• We reserve the right to cancel any online Booking where the number of registered adult guests or the nature of the group may conflict with our Noise and No Party Policy.
9. NOISE/NO PARTY POLICY
• It is a policy of Starr Cottage and Skye Lodge that we strongly enforce a NO PARTY POLICY. Functions are not allowed as they can cause disruption to neighbours, damage to property etc. Please note the following:
- No more than the registered number of guests is allowed at the house after 9 pm.
- No access for to outside decks, gardens, balconies after 9pm.
- Guests are not permitted to hold any social gatherings at any time in the house or on common property, which would cause any noise that could interfere with the peace and quiet of other guests or neighbors in line with current legislation governing noise pollution.
- There will be ONE warning only given for any excess noise or disruption, after which we have the right to evict all guests with no refund on accommodation.
- Guests acknowledge that there will be charges for any security call out to the house due to undue noise, as outlined in our terms and conditions, which will be automatically deducted from your bond.
- Any damage caused by the guests or guest’s visitors to the house or common property shall be at the expense of the registered guests.
- Excessive noise is not allowed at any time.
Penalties will apply for guests not adhering to the conditions under this item 9. These will include the following:
- If management is required to visit you at the Property during your stay due to excessive noise or anti-social behavior, a $75 call out fee will apply before 10pm and $125 after 10pm
- A security company may be called to investigate complaints of excessive noise or anti-social behavior incurring a charge of $165 per call out.
- If a second complaint is received you may be EVICTED WITHOUT REFUND, all monies paid will be forfeited.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
10. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bath room on departure. Further linen may be hired through Management. Beach towels are not included.
• Cleaning and linen change usually occurs weekly or more often upon request and at additional cost.
• Pets are allowed at the Property only with prior consent from owner. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets both within and outside the property. Please ensure your pet is kept outside at all times unless of the ‘handbag’ or toy dog breed. Any evidence of pets on furniture inside or outside the property may incur extra cleaning fees. Please be mindful that whilst the yards are fenced animals in unfamiliar situations can become distressed easily.
• We reserve the right to request a pet bond of an additional $200 over and above the usual bond required.
12. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable Policies and House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your credit card
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $25.
• Smoking is NOT permitted on the Property
13. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
•We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.