If you are looking for accommodation in Byron Bay for your next holiday or short escape, come and enjoy the beautiful holiday accommodation at Planula, a tranquil tropical oasis set on over 50 acres just over 3 km from the town centre.
Your hosts, Tim and Wandy, will make you feel at home at this modern Bed & Breakfast style retreat.
Unwind on the extensive decks around the house overlooking the frog pond and enjoy the lush gardens. How about listening to the birds and frogs over a BBQ at night?
Inside you can enjoy our large collection of music and games or simply relax with a good book in the spacious guest lounge under cathedral ceilings. Or make use of our free wifi (wireless broadband internet access), very fast, always on and in every room.
Extensive continental breakfasts are included with all stays at PLANULA – home baked muffins or freshly baked bread, fresh fruit, yoghurts, a range of cereals, different kinds of bread, fruit juice, tea and plunger coffee … a great way to start the day.
At night you can sample the local cuisine in one of the many fantastic restaurants in Byron. Alternatively, stay at home and make use of the outdoor BBQ area or the full PLANULA guest kitchen.
PLANULA has five modern decorated bedrooms and offers queensize double, twin share and single accommodation all with modern ensuite bathrooms. Triple bed configuration is possible in some rooms. All rooms look out onto our beautiful gardens.
You can virtually walk though every part of Planula and check out all rooms and common spaces using our new Virtual Tour Page or on google maps.
Why not spoil yourself and unwind in our exquisite queensize double room with its own stunning double spa and magnificent views?
Throughout the house you will find paintings and photographs by local artists. Currently works are by Hele Ellis, one of Byron’s well-known artists.
Many different frog species share their habitat around the ponds with numerous water dragons. Other wildlife seen around PLANULA include bandicoots, swamp wallabies, echidnas, possums and plenty of birds. There have even been koala sightings at the back of our property!
Other PLANULA Facilities
- Plunger coffee and a variety of teas, available all day
- Reading books, reference library, games
- Full kitchen facilities for guest use
- Hairdryers, extra pillows & blankets
- Ceiling fans in summer, heaters in winter
- Cosy wood fire in guest lounge (in winter)
- FREE wireless and fast broadband in all rooms and outside areas
- Plenty of safe off-street on site parking
- Beach towels, beach chairs & umbrellas, body boards all free of charge
- Mountain Bike Hire (helmets, lights and locks) – $10 a day
- Right next door to Temple Byron if you are into yoga or meditation or participating in any of the workshops or retreats held there