Two architect designed Blue Mountains eco cabins situated on 250 acres, with spectacular views of the majestic escarpment. Just 20 mins drive (10.5 kms) from Blackheath in the quiet and tranquil Kanimbla Valley. Designed by award winning Eco Design Architects, the Woolshed Cabins sit in a secluded valley beside the heritage shearing shed that inspired the cabins and gifted them their name.
These Blue Mountains eco cabins have been thoughtfully designed to be gentle on the environment yet comfortable. The design reflects the classic bush architecture and materials of the old shearing shed. Visitors can choose to relax and take in the views of the beautiful rural property nestled below dramatic sandstone cliffs or use the cabins as a base to explore the Kanimbla Valley, Blackheath and many other Blue Mountains tourist attractions.
Group House (sleep up to 12 people)……….P.O.A.
- 2-bedroom cabin – 1x Queen, 1x Double, 1x Double sofa bed
- 3-bedroom cabin – 1x Queen, 1x Double, 2x Single beds
The cabins are well separated and private (they face away from each other), and so are ideal for romantic getaways.
Larger groups are also well catered for, with a huge outdoor table and chairs on the deck outside the 3-bedroom cabin. This will accommodate 12 people with ease and there is sufficient china, cutlery and glassware available. Inside there is lounge seating for 5-6 people and another dining table seating 10-12.
Both cabins feature:
- Views of cliffs and paddocks from every window/door
- Architect / passive solar design
- Self-contained (gas stove, fridge, microwave, gas BBQ)
- CD player and CDs, games/books/puzzles
- TV for viewing DVDs (no general TV reception)
- Mobile phone reception
- Tariffs include all linen & towels, pillows, blankets and doonas
- Electric blankets in winter
- Gas log fires
- Fresh spring water
- Disabled access & facilities (1 cabin only) – access measurements available on request
- Walks on 250 acres of private property
- Native birds & wildlife
- Horse riding and sulky hire on adjoining property (additional cost)
- Breakfast baskets available
- Children are welcome!
Please note these few restrictions:
- The cabins are no smoking areas
- Unfortunately we do not allow pets
- Minimum two night stay preferred
10.5kms from Blackheath via Shipley Plateau onto private property in Kanimbla Valley (20 mins drive....car essential)Directions provided when booking is confirmed.
Amazing views of Blue Mtns cliffs from all rooms & verandahs. Horse riding. Walks on 250 acres...see native wildlife. Short drive to Blackheath, Katoomba & Jenolan Caves and Zig Zag Railway.