Fernridge Farm Cottage is a 100 year old cottage, built by one of the original settler families in the Bellingen district. The cottage faces north toward the Bellinger River and the mountains of the Dorrigo escarpment, and offers absolute privacy. In 2010 it was featured on "Better Homes and Gardens".
Fernridge Farm Cottage is:
- Fully self contained, with fireplace, airconditioning, and ceiling fans
- Two bedrooms, sleeping six people comfortably, with electric blankets and home-grown alpaca doonas on the beds
- In a commanding position on top of a hill with absolutely stunning rural valley and mountain views
- Enveloped by wrap-around verandas, with the front deck recently doubled in size (not shown in the photos) to give ample outside living space; shady in summer, sun-soaked in winter
- Surrounded by a large flat lawn, ideal for children and the young at heart
- An alpaca stud where you can see baby alpacas, tame deer and plenty of birds and other wildlife
- A serene, quiet environment ideal for families or anyone needing time off from a busy life
- Absolutely safe for children - half a kilometre off the road and away from water sources
- Four kilometres (5 minutes' drive) west of Bellingen along Waterfall Way, the road to Dorrigo and Armidale
- Pet friendly; we welcome your dog or cat, or in fact any animal, but please check first
The cottage features...
- Flat screen digital TV, DVD player
- CD stereo
- Magazines, books, and DVDs
- Reverse cycle air conditioning, and ceiling fans
- Wood burning stove with an ample supply of firewood
A fully equipped, kitchen, replaced in early 2010, complete with
- Full sized fridge/freezer
- Provisions for breakfast on your first morning.
Two bedrooms, one with a queen sized bed, one with twin singles. There are electric blankets on the beds, and alpaca doonas for winter. There is also a double sofa bed in the lounge. Fernridge is fully supplied with quality linen and a guarantee of a great night's sleep.
The bathroom was renovated in February 2010, and is a sight to see! In 2012 a laundry with washing machine and dryer was built onto the verandah.
Fernridge has a variety of comfortable chairs on its wrap around verandahs, with a gas BBQ and outdoor eating area. The lawn surrounding the cottage is large, well maintained and frequented by a number of native animals, including bandicoots, wallabies, possums, echidnas and a large variety of birds.
Apart from alpacas, currently numbering about 20, we also have a pet chital deer, a fluffy white dog called Shelley and a large friendly pointer called Ralph who likes nothing more than to play with children. Our eclectic collection of chooks allows us to include the freshest of eggs in your initial breakfast provisions, and we welcome your children's help in collecting the eggs. We often have little chickens to provide extra entertainment.
We are generally happy for you to bring your pet - Fernridge is dog friendly - but please talk to us first so that we can confirm its suitability and welcome.
Recently, a guest left the following (unprompted) comment:
"Fernridge Cottage, the delightful garden, the stunning view, the birds, the attention to detail and comfort, all create an unforgettable ambience. Wow! We leave reluctantly and look forward to returning".
Lyn & Ken, Dec. 2010
"I am writing to let you know how much we loved Fernridge and will always recommend it. The cottage was just lovely and the outlook amazing. But what was really appreciated was the small personal touches you had done. The milk, bread, eggs and other things in the cottage made it by far the standout place we stayed during our holiday."
Louise, Micah, Max, Ari and Rhys, May 2012