Near Mudgee, the Old Bara Guesthouse offers superior and comfortable accommodation in a charming, homestead with reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the house for comfort all year round and a cosy log fire for the winter months. Our guesthouse is idyllically situated in a beautiful tree studded garden on a 1100 acre cattle property near Mudgee.
Our guesthouse accommodation is fully self-contained with all the luxuries of home and more. Fine linen & towels are provided. The kitchen is very well equipped, with all modern appliances. A large outside entertainment area with large gas BBQ for your own use. The guesthouse has 4 bedrooms which comfortably sleeps up to 10 guests; a rare accommodation opportunity in the Mudgee district.
Experience your own private country home surrounded by Australian bush wildlife & exquisite bird life. Relax, enjoy a glass of wine in your own beautiful garden or on one of the verandahs. Enjoy the star studded sky with no light pollution.
Enjoy the freedom to explore, walk your dog, yes we are pet friendly, (please let us know if you are bringing your pet with you) or ride your mountain bike around the tracks on the property. Take a picnic up to our picnic table overlooking the Mudgee hills. Make your own trail amongst nature. Or simply relax and unwind whilst enjoying the peace and tranquility of the Australian bush.
Old Bara guesthouse is a charming 4 bedroom house, circa 1920s, which provides comfortable accommodation for up to 10 people.
- • 2 queen beds
- • 1 double bed
- • 1 single
- • 1 double with single bunk above
- • Fine linen and towels provided
- • Two spacious sitting areas
- • Dining area
- • Outside entertaining and BBQ area
- • Beautiful antique furniture
- • Shady timber verandahs
- • Wood fire heating dining and sitting room
- • Ducted reverse cycle air conditioner
- • New fully equipped kitchen inc. coffee machine and Miele dishwasher
- • Barbeque
- • Full bathroom, shower and bath.
- • 2 extra loos and shower
- • Full laundry
- • Stereo CD player
- • Satellite TV
- • DVD player
- • Video player
- • Boule
- • Undercover parking for 3 vehicles
- • Set in beautiful established gardens, stunning views everywhere
What you should bring:
- • Walking shoes
- • Warm clothes from March - September
- • Hat and Sunscreen
- • Food supplies
- • You are more than welcome to bring mountain bikes and push bikes to explore the property
Depending on our availability, we offer private 4WD wine tours for up to 6 guests, so if this interests you then simply ask when you are booking.
Depending on the season we are also able to offer you some of our deliciously healthy 100% grass fed Bara Beef. Should you be interested please get in contact before you arrive and we can organise a platter of steaks, sausages, rissoles and more, tailored to suit the preferences of you and your family/group.
Perfect to enjoy with your complimentary bottle of Robert Stein wine.