This stunning boatshed has been fully restored with warmth, character & style in abundance. The open-plan living area is complimented with massive barn doors that slide open right at the waters edge. Timber floors and rough-hewn beams recall its boatshed origins, whilst the free standing sandstone fireplace and cosy day beds, invite you to recline in luxurious comfort.
Outside, the wrap around timber deck with both deck chairs & dining table, extends right to the waters edge....the perfect place to watch the tide , the moon & the sun rise.
WHAT TO DO
• simply relax , fish, read ( there are no walking tracks in this area)
• take a boat trip to lunch..see below
• launch the 2 single kayaks & explore the nearby river beaches, Bar Island, Gentlemans Halt & Spencer.
• swim at high tide
WHAT IS THERE
• 2 queen beds, iron & hair dryer
• ground coffee & tea, sugar , coffee plunger
• sea salt , pepper grinder, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
• glad wrap, foil, paper towel, serviettes, fabric napkins etc
• well equipped kitchen with gas BBQ, electric stove, oven, microwave & dishwasher
• TV, Foxtel, DVD, Video & CD player ( all TV stations )
• fishing rods, two single canoes w/ life jackets
• private jetty with ladder & stair access
• board games, books & magazines
WHAT TO BRING
• favourite CDs, DVDs, reading material
• hooks, bait, sinkers for fishing
• toiletries, personal belongings including swimming costume & footwear for kayaking
• personal repellant , sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
• food & beverage, there are no shops
Just a reminder that ‘OXLEY BOATSHED’ is boat access only. There are absolutely no roads to the property, which does make getting there part of the adventure!
From SYDNEY travel north along the Pacific Highway # 1 & F3 FREEWAY, crossing the Hawkesbury River & immediately take the Brooklyn exit. Come back over the river a second time, on the PACIFIC HIGHWAY #83 & turn directly left in to KANGAROO POINT for your scheduled transfer ....or secod left Brooklyn Rd for Hire Boat Pick Up Allow an hour by car from Sydney, and in peak periods add 30 minutes....& always plan to 30 mins early..the boat waits for no one!
WATER TAXI - TINNY PACKAGE approx $320 for 2 or 3 nights; additional nights approx $100; includes water taxi transfers from Kangaroo Point Wharf, Brooklyn; available 7 days; water taxi travel can be after sunset also; Hire Boat waiting at Oxley Wharf; easy to drive, no experience required, we provide exploring suggestions...call 0422 300 100 for quote & to book
HIRE BOAT FROM BROOKLYN CENTRAL approx $270 for 2 nights; additional nights approx $50; boat travel is approx 30 mins to Oxley; easy to drive; no experience required; we provide directions & exploring suggestions; must travel in daylight ....call 0414 969 844 for quote & to book
WATER TAXI approx $100 per trip from Kangaroo Point Wharf, Brooklyn; available 7 days , also after sunset...call 0422 300 100 for quote & to book
OWN BOAT up to 20' suitable. ..only by prior arrangement & if familiar with a running line ( there is no pontoon ) We recommend the Mooney Mooney Public Ramp which is an excellent ramp or a smaller private ramp at Dolphin Marina, 1 Brooklyn Rd for launching trailer boats. A small fee applies. Call on 02 9985 7307. Some guests enjoy the longer & very scenic boat journey from Apple Tree Bay or Akuna Bay
NEARBY PLACES TO EAT . WATERING HOLES
Peats Bite weekends only, advance bookings essential, 02 9985 9040 - closed July/Aug. A great place for a long relaxed lunch, in one of the most beautiful & unique locations on the river. $135.00pp ( licensed ) You will need to advance book in your boat transfers,direct with the restaurant at the time of booking your table. . You can also travel there by hireboat or own boat
Spencer Village Store & Cafe serving legendary breakfasts, brunch, burgers & light lunch. Tables out on pier by the water. Truly the 'Hub of the Universe'. Also supplying a range basic supplies. Enjoy bubbles or beer at Bottle Shop prices. Kitchen closes around 2.30pm Phone 4377 1123. About 10km upriver by boat.Closed Tuesdays
Oxley Boatshed is fully self contained & booked exclusively
Before you arrive, the house is opened, ready for you to simply kick back & relax
Children not suited
Pets not suited