Spacious, styled and private Bangalow holiday home
Mahalo House is an upscale Queenslander-style home in Bangalow with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It offers comfortable furnishings throughout the open-plan living area, styled bedrooms and spacious veranda. Pristine white decor and polished wood floors provide contemporary, easygoing appeal to this luxury holiday rental near Byron Bay. Enjoy the sights and sounds of nature from the generous furnished veranda – listen to birdsong and spot resident koalas in the trees.
Just 15 minutes from the beaches, restaurants and shops of Byron Bay, Bangalow is a charming village famous for its restaurants and shopping scene. Regular Farmer’s Markets bring the village to life just a short stroll from this tranquil holiday rental retreat.
Traveller Magazine recently stopped by for a visit, check out their review.
- 5 Bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sleeps 11
- Traditional Queenslander-style home with oversized veranda
- Peaceful one-acre grounds with creek, trees and wildlife
- Gleaming hardwood floors and airy white décor
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen flowing onto covered outdoor living space
- Modern kitchen with island unit and stainless steel appliances
- Generous, light-filled bathrooms including bathtub and wet room shower
- 5 bedrooms, the two largest opening directly onto balcony
- Quiet retreat 600 metres from Bangalow village, restaurants and markets
- 15 minutes’ drive from popular Byron Bay attractions
White wainscot walls and beautiful hardwood flooring give this comfortable living/dining area a bright and airy feel. Corner sofa seating is focused around the flatscreen TV while the dining area has a modern table and chairs to seat 8 beneath pendant lighting. Sliding patio doors open onto the generously sized terrace.
The open-plan kitchen is a chef’s dream with modern white fitments beneath stainless steel countertops. The island breakfast bar is the perfect place for casual dining or enjoying evening cocktails and canapés with friends. There is a gas oven/hob beneath an extractor fan plus modern stainless steel appliances. Concertina folding window provides a pass-through to the outdoor living space which includes a table and seating for relaxing with tropical garden views.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 11)
- Master bedroom: 1 x king bed with ensuite and balcony access
- Bedroom 2: 1 x queen bed plus trundle bed (suitable for a small child) with patio doors and balcony access
- Bedroom 3: 2 x king singles (which is accessed via bedroom 4)
- Bedroom 4: 1 x queen bed
- Bedroom 5: 1 x queen bed
2 full bathrooms (one ensuite)
The expansive balcony offers hardwood decking, a second dining table for 8 and multiple day beds and outdoor settings for a relaxed al fresco lifestyle overlooking abundant greenery. This Byron Bay holiday rental stands within one acre of private gardens with flowing creek, native trees and a multitude of birds and wildlife. It’s the perfect hideaway for listening to the sound of crickets and birds and spotting resident koalas and platypus in the idyllic one-acre grounds.
Parking for 3+ cars.
This spacious Northern Rivers holiday rental in Bangalow is a pleasant 600-metre stroll from the quaint village centre and 15 minutes’ drive from sought-after Byron Bay. Bangalow itself is a charming village of character, known for its high-quality cafes and restaurants, independent shops and regular farmers’ markets – the perfect place to source fresh local produce and boutique gifts.
Suitable Booking Groups (if weddings/events suitable)
Ideal for family holidays or spending time with extended family and friends.
*Please note that mobile phone reception is limited in this area