Gumnut Cottage has some special features to help make your stay enjoyable.
- 2 queen-sized bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- 3rd bedroom has single over double bunks, sleeping six.
- full-sized spa bathroom
- fully equipped laundry and modern kitchen
- linen provided
- flat screen LCD TV with Austar
- stereo, CD and video facilities
- extensive verandahs
- gas BBQ under cover plus BBQ plate outside-good for marshmallows over coals
- log fire plus reverse cycle air-conditioning heating/cooling
- sounds of bell-birds ringing from the adjacent forest
- hand feed birds and wildlife
There is a swimming pool, childrens' playground and a tennis court in a communal area only a short walk away from the house.
There are stunning views over the valley, abundant wildlife right at your door. The bird life is immense and king parrots will eat out of your hand. There are bellbirds in the adjacent forest for beautiful sounds during the day. Unfortunately because of the fragility of the native fauna, pets are not allowed on the property.
There are numerous outdoor activities such as bushwalking, horseriding, fishing, tennis and swimming on the property. Close by in Dungog township, there are interesting shops to browse through, an historic cinema and an excellent golf course that welcomes visitors.
The house is situated 20 mins from Dungog on sealed roads and there is only 1km of well-kept dirt road from the road to the house. The property is right next to Chichester Dam and State Forest.
CHICHESTER STATE FOREST - DUNGOG
Picturesque Chichester State Forest is located in the Lower Barrington Tops and offers free picnic and camping grounds, the majority located near creeks/rivers.
Telegherry, Frying Pan, Currawong and Coachwood camping areas are located in the lush south-eastern side of the forest, best accessed from Dungog. White Rock, Old Camp and Pademelon Park are camping areas on the south-western side of the forest, best accessed from Gresford. Allyn River Forest Park, also in this area, is a great place for a picnic whilst the famous Ladies Well swimming hole is within a short distance of camping areas.