French Wing for that Parisian provincial feel
Respite for couples and small groups of friends.
Old meets new. The exterior retains its heritage origin and colours. The new transcends a hot tub on the English veranda to classic bidet and claw bath in the French Wing.
The French wing is distinctly provincial with brick arched doorways and rich window draperies.
It has a gardened courtyard resplendent with nymph fountain, BBQ and a boule set of course.
Enjoy a breakfast garden side.
Refresh in the shower or soak in the claw bath beside the wood fire while taking in the music or perhaps a movie.
The gourmet kitchen and dining room flow to the separate lounge and bedroom which open to the large bathing area.
It has its own separate outdoors ranging from river view to fountain courtyard and sun trapped gardens.
Inclusions are a plenty:
- Bedding from linen, pillows and doona to electric blanket
- Bath towels, shampoo, conditioner, gel and of course a hair dryer
- Kitchen with cooker, micro wave, large fridge and western to eastern dining wears, pots, pans, wok and steamer
- Breakfast offerings of bread, spreads and eggs from the chicken that is involved and the pig that is committed
- Entertainment centre with surround sound, large screen and complementary DVD’s/CD’s but be sure to bring your favourites
- Wood for the fire and reverse cycle air conditioner to cater for all seasons
- Ice maker for the wine bucket
- Clothes washer with dryer for recovery from that muddy slip on your excursion
The tariff per suite per couple per night is $255 mid-week (Sunday to Thursday) and $285 for weekends (Friday and Saturday) and $300 for single night stays. The tariff is in Australian dollars and includes breakfast ingredients to self-cook and GST with no charge for credit card transaction fees.
Platters are available on request with charges varying by request.
The Retreat is a heritage circa 1881's school on riverside gardened grounds.
The Retreat was awarded 'Best New Business' and highly commended for 'Tourism & Hospitality' by the District Chamber of Commerce. To quote the judges the Retreat is "above outstanding". Top ranking by all guests. Independently critiqued across over 500 luxury accommodations in Australia as being in the top 5%.
Boutique self-contained luxury stays for couples. The Retreat is liquor licensed with an in-suite diverse choice of beverages supplemented by bottled water all at a competitive price. By all means BYO.
With gardens to roam, fireplaces to relax by or tour the local historic townships, taste el vino, play golf and visit the world heritage Barrington Tops.
The Retreat is committed to environmental sustainability which includes the usage of solar power, energy efficient electricals and rain water having been awarded the advanced Ecotourism certification and endorsed by T-QUAL.
The Hunter Valley
The Retreat is nestled in the Hunter Valley. It is centred in the shire of Dungog between the vineyards of Cessnock and the recreational Barrington Tops reserve.
The surrounds are rural with families of platypus, kangaroos and diverse birds from rosella to kookaburra and hawk.
The Retreat is located within an easy drive of Sydney, Newcastle, Port Stephens and more.