1. Payment of the prescribed deposit is required in order for a booking to be confirmed. Deposits are non-refundable. We strongly recommend that our guests take out travel insurance.
2. A valid credit card number is required for the duration of your confirmed booking. Should the credit card decline any transactions a $25.00 administration fee will be added to your account.
3. Bookings of less than 7 days require full payment at time of booking. Bookings from between 7 days and two weeks attract a deposit of $500 or 1 week’s tariff depending upon the type of accommodation, duration and season. The balance of the tariff after deducting the deposit is payable the day before occupancy.
4. Bookings of two to four weeks attract a deposit of one week’s tariff, this being credited to the final week of the confirmed booking. The balance of the tariff after deducting the deposit is payable the day before occupancy.
5. Bookings of more than four weeks attract a deposit of two week’s tariff, this being credited to the final two weeks of the confirmed booking. Four weeks’ tariff is payable the day before occupancy and at the expiration of each period of four weeks thereafter (as applicable). The tariff for the final two weeks of the booking comprises the tariff for that period less the amount of the deposit paid.
6. The client agrees to make all payments by the due date on the invoice received. If a payment reaches 7 days in arrears a late payment fee of $25.00 will be incurred.
7. There is a 2.5% service charge when you pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card and aJCB card and a 3.5% service charge when you pay with an American Express or Diners Club credit card.
8. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation is not a hotel/motel operator. The company offers fixed term rentals of furnished and equipped residential accommodation and contracts with the client to guarantee that, on confirmation of the booking, accommodation of the class booked will be exclusively available to the client for a fixed period comprising the full duration of the booking. Availability of the accommodation is not guaranteed beyond the scheduled departure date.
9. The client contracts with Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation to pay the tariff for the booking upon the terms stated in paragraphs 3 to 5 above, and unless otherwise arranged the amount so determined will be debited from the client’s credit card the day before occupancy.
10. The client understands that the agreed rate is for a stay of a specified period. In the case a guest shortens a stay any monies already paid will not be refunded and a higher tariff will apply and will be backdated to the date of check in. This higher tariff will be based on tariffs charged for similar units for the period. The deposit will not be refunded or credited to your stay.
11. Where a client decides not to proceed with a booking and fails to provide at least 7 days advance notice to Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation that the booking is no longer required, in addition to forfeiture of the deposit as specified in paragraph 9 above, a minimum charge of one night’s accommodation at the maximum rate for a unit of the class booked shall be payable and debited to the credit card supplied.
12. Unless alternative arrangements have been made with management checkout time is 10.00am. As housekeeping staff are employed from the time of their arrival at the units a charge of $10 per 10 minutes will be incurred for late check out.
13. Where payment is made by cash, a valid credit card swipe covering the tariff for the full duration of the booking is required unless otherwise arranged with management.
14. Where a client wishes to pay by cash and does not have a credit card, a minimum $200 cash security deposit is required to be lodged with management. This will be returned to the client on departure subject to any deductions for loss, damage, late checkout etc.
15. The property is being supplied on a rental basis and the client needs to make arrangements for insurance of any possessions, damage to contents and public liability.
16. Management reserves the right at its absolute discretion to decline or cancel bookings where it considers such action to be appropriate.
17. All accommodation offerings are strictly non-smoking and breaches will incur a minimum defoulment charge of $300.00.
18. Clients agree to leave the property in the same condition as when occupancy commenced, linen may be left on the bed and towels in the bathroom. Additional cleaning charges at a minimum rate of $200 shall be incurred and debited to your credit card if the unit is not left in the same condition as when occupancy commenced. Charges of $30 per incident will apply if we need to replace furniture to the original position.
19. If the client leaves the unit unsecured and items are damaged or stolen the client agrees to replace the items or compensate Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation for these items.
20. If access to the unit is required for maintenance and so on, management shall endeavour to provide the client with at least 24 hours notice.
21. Management reserves the right to enter apartments and turn off air-conditioning/heating when it is obvious that the occupant has departed the premises and these appliances are operating.
22. Units are clean and supplied with fresh bed linen on arrival. For the units with internal laundries, spare sets of each are provided to allow clients to self-launder these items themselves. For occupancy in the Studio Units a complimentary linen service is provided weekly. Apartments are thoroughly serviced on departure but not during your stay unless requested. Additional charges apply for daily or weekly requested service to the unit.
23. For stays of two weeks or longer the client is responsible for the cost of electricity from the first day of occupancy. The client has the option of having the electricity connected themselves or paying an additional tariff.
24. Any damages or missing items that are discovered after departure will be charged a rectification cost +50%
25. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation accepts no liability for any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur in securing replacement accommodation should the property become uninhabitable (eg. natural disaster, floods, fire structure damage or the cessation of our tenancy agreement with the property owner. We will try and accommodate you in another property if possible).
26. Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation may cancel this agreement with 2 weeks notice to the occupant, no cancellation fee will be payable should this occur.
27. No refunds are payable by Canberra Short Term and Holiday Accommodation but in some circumstances we may be able to issue you with a credit. Any credits will be at the discretion of the manager.
28. Upon occupancy the client will be deemed to have accepted the conditions of occupancy as outlined in the above paragraphs.
29. If you proceed with your booking you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.